𝚸𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

I wait for the entire class to leave so I can avoid the crowd.
"Is there any problem, Ms. Swan?" Mrs. Courtney, my Art teacher, asks.

"Um, no, not at all. I just wanted to avoid the crowd," I reply.
"Not much of a social person, huh?" she remarks. "Alright, just make sure to close the door, dear. I'm leaving too." I nod, and she smiles before leaving the room. I close the classroom door and walk over to my ride. 

"Avoiding people, I see, just like in Phoenix," Bell says.
"Yup," I reply. She starts the truck, a bit more aggressively than usual.
"What's up? What's bothering you?" I ask.
"Nothing... It's just..." and she tells me about what happened during Biology class, how Edward wanted to change classes because he 'couldn't handle it' and all that stuff. "...and Alice invited you to have lunch with her and the Cullens. Everyone thinks you're super cool now," she sighs.

"They invited me to their place this evening," I say quietly.
"WHAT??!!" Bella almost loses control of the vehicle.
"Um, yeah, but I declined. Once I introduce you to them, and once you like them, maybe we can all hang out together, even invite them over."
"You said no because of me?" she asks, sounding guilty.
"What? No, of course not! Why would you think that? I said no 'cause... Stranger Danger, you know." I lie terribly. I just don't want to leave her out; she's new here too, and I don't plan on hanging out with the Cullens when Bella has certain feelings for one of them. We arrive home, and I wash my face, hands. I change into a fresh outfit - black mom jeans, a black grunge two-holed belt (without the chains), a black turtleneck underneath, and a yellow checkered black flannel. We're going out to eat!I head downstairs, all ready, and wait for Dad and Bells to get ready as well. I sit on the couch, passing the time and listening to some tunes. I check my phone, and it's 5:30 pm.

"Okay, let's go." I hear Dad announce. I get up and open the door. We get in the car, with Bella in the front passenger's seat and Dad driving - of course. This leaves the backseat all to myself. I open the window, and this time, no one fusses about it.

We arrive at a diner called Carver Café. We take a seat at a table in the corner and place our orders. The kind lady returns with our food and sets it on the table.
"Thanks," I reply.
"I just can't believe how grown-up you both are, and so stunning," she compliments us. I smile in response, and Bella, well, she's a bit awkward.
"Hey, Bella," a man approaches us. I don't know him. I was only four when Bella came here, so people know her more. Works out well for me - the fewer people I know, the more privacy I get to enjoy for myself.
"Y- you remember me?" he continues. Bella looks at Dad, and I completely zone out, focusing only on my food and nothing else.