"Thanks, Ani," she says, taking a timid sip. "So, about the interview?"

She is giving me huge puppy dog eyes and her lower lip is trembling. I'd have to be totally heartless to say no. "Sorry, did I mention I've got my anatomy final in twenty-four minutes?"

So yeah, I am a little heartless, but I can't give up my entire future as a veterinarian to do my roommate a favor. Think of all the parakeets and gerbils that would suffer without my expertise. Also, heights aren't my thing—fifty-four stories are an insane number, and I'm not a bird for god's sake.

Her face brightens, and my stomach twists. Uh, oh. I know that look of victory. "That's perfect. The interview isn't till tonight. You can take your final, then head over to the city on BART."

"What kind of a billionaire does interviews at night? Is he some kind of vampire?"

"You're so funny, Ani. Of course not! Would you like it if he was?" Clarissa plucks a tissue out of the box and waves it at me. "Ani wants to fuck a vampire! Ani wants to fuck a vampire!" she sings, then blows her nose so loud; it sounds like a trumpet blaring.

I haven't had time for dating, okay? School has held my entire life hostage. But I'm almost done! With the undergrad part. Then I have four years of veterinary school. Ugh. Looks like by the time I'm a vet, I'll practically be a virgin again. "Just because I haven't had sex in forever doesn't mean I'm dying to do it with a fictional creature who has bloodsucking nutritional requirements. If anything is going to be sucked, it isn't my blood."

"Oh, thank you, Ani, you're the absolute best. I'll text you the address."

As I head out the door, I shake my head in confusion. Did I agree to do the interview? I replay the conversation and can't pinpoint when I said 'yes.' Clary was like a witch who could hex people into doing her bidding.

And while I know everything about the damn building, I know zilch about this billionaire except that he has a dog, lives in a stupid skyscraper, and he's not a vampire.

Crap.

***

Okay, guys, this story is the result of a conversation with a group of my dearest author pals.* We were discussing our favorite topic, sex ... I mean writing about sex, and I threw out this idea. Within two minutes the supremely talented iamRodneyVSmith had made the cover. Which meant I HAD to move forward. 

But this story is going to be a little different than my previous tales. First of all, it is definitely for a mature audience. And secondly, I am writing this for fun. It's an experiment to see what happens when I don't obsess over writing craft the way I usually do.

So sit back, grab a cup of anything other than Earl Gray (I assume my readers have better taste than that!), and prepare yourself for a lot of laughing.

***

Oh, and don't forget to comment and vote and stuff. I'm writing this story as I go, so if you have good suggestions, they just might end up in the story! And, I will only keep going as long as you guys are having fun, too. So make sure to let me know if you want it to continue. Yes, this is a blatant plea for adulation. :D

***

*Thank you to my pals: AvaViolet  AmiTheDarkLadyLeighWStuartmasonfitzzyiamRodneyVSmithjordanlyndeVan_Carley, and AvaLarksen for your support, humor, creativity, and superior knowledge of writing the sexytimes! Love you all to pieces! 

***

This chapter is dedicated to the real Clarissa, ClarissaNorth. Love you, babe!

***

GUYS!

iamRodneyVSmith IS READING CHAPTERS OF 50 DEGREES OF SHADE! Out loud! Like a true vampire.

He is hilarious, of course. But it's also so fun to hear him read from Anesthesia's POV. My heart may not withstand the thrill! So, if you want to listen to Rodney's voice instead of reading the story the normal way, click on the video above. You'll be glad you did.

Also, subscribe to his YouTube channel for more of his amazing content: https://www.youtube.com/c/RodneyVSmith

But remember, voting and commenting are still required! The overlord has spoken. I mean, please! xoxoxo