CHAPTER 24

Happy 1 year anniversary to Moonbeam. How on earth did I post this 1 year ago today? Some of you have been here since the very beginning whilst others are new and it is so lovely to have you all here for the journey! I wanted to do something special for you all and I hope this lives up to everyone's expectations!

Please do comment with your reactions because I would love to know what is going through your mind throughout this chapter! I cannot wait to hear your thoughts!

"I hope this room will suit you well. It has seen better days but-" Robin cut the girl beside him off quickly. "It's perfect. Thank you." She nodded and allowed him to have a look around the space.

Robin was eager to investigate the room as it was unlike anything he had at home. There were three large windows with thick pale blue curtains draped extravagantly around each one to block out the night however they were not yet drawn which allowed the rays of the moon to dance across the floor. The large smooth stone fireplace was already lit and Robin wondered how someone had tidied the room up so quickly. The fireplace was different to his own. Robin was used to the fireplace serving as his source of warmth and light which is of course is its purpose, however, this particular one in this loaned room gave him a sense of comfort and security. The glow from the fire allowed him to relax for the first time in a while.

A gold legged chaise lounge stood proudly next to the fireplace with the same pale blue fabric as the curtains used on the main section. Robin could not help but shake his head with a smirk plastered across his face as he realised how much the Merryweathers loved the colour. The seat was calling his name and he quickly allowed himself to lay on it.

Content with allowing his body to rest, his eyes scanned the rest of the room. The bed stood tall opposite him and was near to the door as opposed to the window. It was a four-poster bed, much like his own at home. This particular one's pillars were painted an off white with gold detailing adorning them. The curtains around it matched the bedding. The silk blue and gold patterned brocade shone in the light of the fire.

Robin inhaled a deep breath of air allowing his eyes to close with his right arm behind his head and his left draped over the top of his face. "It seems you will be quite comfortable here tonight," Constance said as she sat on one of the chairs beside the chaise lounge the boy lay on. "It's so quiet and peaceful. No shouting. No clanging of swords. No unwanted interactions. Just peace... I'm quite jealous of you actually."

"Is that so?" Robin hummed in response to her question before she cut in. "I know I am very fortunate to have this life but I must say I share the jealousy feeling. Your freedom to roam whenever you choose or explore another part of this wonderful place." Robin lifted his arm for a few seconds to see Constance's face. He was glad he did as she had the most radiant of smiles directed towards him. "It seems we share another thing in common." Constance nodded in agreement. "It appears so."

"It's strange being here. If my father wasn't mad before he certainly will be after my head now." Constance twiddled her thumbs in her lap as she looked at Robin sadly. "I'm sorry." This caused the boy to sit up to face her. "What on earth for?" Constance inhaled deeply as she looked to the side. "You do not deserve to be treated with such bitterness. Despite the centuries of conflict between our families we have gotten along just fine. I do not understand why your father and my uncle cannot at least attempt to make peace. Seeing my uncle with you earlier gave me hope that there could be a change but I am still not certain if it will be a permanent change..."

"You know despite all of the disagreements perhaps in some way it worked out. Think of it this way we wouldn't have met if I hadn't followed my father's orders. I knew you were going to be trouble though when took a beating that day you were travelling to Moonacre." Constance scoffed and strode forwards to push him. "You deserved it, you were being a brute!" Her attempt was laughable and before she could back away Robin's hand reached for her own and tugged her back towards him.