Chapter 44: My Patronus

Start from the beginning

"You and all that bloody French stuff-"

"It's my mother's culture. Of course I'm involved," I said with a giggle as I ran a hand through his hair. He lifted his head up a fraction to see me snickering at him before he kissed me on the cheek, and then the forehead and then the cheek again before I kissed him back myself.

"Well you got to put that away and focus on potions. I only let you sit with me because I know you need my help-" he said as he pulled away. I merely flicked him in the jaw at the lies he said.

"I do not need anyone's help with potions let alone my boyfriend." Draco chuckled as he fell back into the chair next to me and reached down to grab one of the books that had fallen on the floor from earlier.

"Oh? So you could tell me the different properties of moonstone right now?"

I batted my eyelashes at him as my brain decided to go blank.

"Well I can't say much on that but I can tell you which potions use moonstone—" Draco leaned back in his chair with a stubborn sort of grin.

"Right, let's hear it."

"Well it's used in the Draught of Peace as well as in several love potions-"

"Which none of them actively work, you know," He pointed out obnoxiously and I ignored.

"If you're such a know it all then why don't you tell me the ingredients used for a befuddlement draught."

Draco kept his gaze on me for a moment before releasing a sigh and cursing up at the ceiling while I started to snicker at him.

"Knock it off, I can remember. Just give me a moment," he pestered back as I kicked at his chair for answers.

"At least tell me what color the potion will be," I questioned, before sitting up in my chair.

"Green.. no dash that, it's red!"

"Right," I said with a slow nod. "Which means that there must be a sort of s. class weed. Which weed is it?"

Draco was tapping on his chair arms, deep in thought for a moment before looking up with an answer. "Scurvy grass, wasn't it?"

"Yes.."

"That's about all I got-" he said with a laugh as I shook my head dismissively at him.

"Scurvy grass, Lovage and Sneezewort. Memorize that if you know what's good for you-"

"Yeah right, because I will need a potion on hot-headedness and recklessness."

"Maybe," I said with a conniving smile down at my paper. "If I get too out of hand I figure this potion would do wonders."

"Quit distracting," he said, snagging the paper from me with a fast take. "What are the properties of moonstone? Go."

We left the library together just in time for dinner where to no surprise, Sam was nowhere to be found. Tati was walking in as I took a seat next to Draco and Blaise and caught her eye as she came near.

It wasn't often that I sat with Draco's clan for a meal. Usually I'd sit with Theo or Sam but since Theo hadn't come to the table yet-

"Pass this over to Nott would you?" Blaise asked, holding out a basket of sandwiches in one hand. I sent it over to Nott's greedy hands before waving Tati down as she came by.

"Where's Sam?" Tati asked, stepping closer to let her friends pass to their seats.

"Did she not tell you?" I asked, turning out to face her. "Alice is having another round of migraines. Has been these past three days."