six

" Mustafaa Safwaan ka ball wapas karein!" Mehtaab told her son sternly as she rocked her wee old daughter Mashaal while feeding.

" Nahi Mama, Safi mere saath nahi khel raha hain" Mustafaa told his mother as he circled her bed.

" Phupho Musi Bhai se kahein na meri ball wapas karein" Safwaan pleaded his aunt who looked at him in sympathy before scolding her son again.

" Mustafaa!" Mehtaab yelled again as she now patted her daughter's back while burping her.

" Mama Safi hamesha hi Yusi ke saath hi rehta hain. Mere saath koi nahi khelta" Mustafaa defended himself, the ball still held up high in the air.

Sohai walked in with her own daughter Saadat and looked in amusement at the two boys.

" Ammi Musi Bhai ne meri ball lein li" Safwaan complained to his mother immediately.

" Mustafaa aap Safwaan ko yeh ball wapas kardein. Main aapko doosri ball deti hoon" Sohai told her nephew pacifyingly and the boy seemed to listen to her.

" Par Mami Safi mere saath khelta nahi hain isliye maine uski ball li" Mustafaa explained his stance but now Safwaan had had enough.

He gathered all the strength in his four years old body and pushed his elder cousin making the ball fall down on the floor.

" Safwaan!" Sohai screamed at her son for his uncouth behaviour but her son just gathered his ball and hid it behind him.

" Pehle Musi Bhai ne shuru kiya" he complained, his lips wobbling due to the tears.

" Maafi maangein bhai se warna maine thappad lagana hain Safi" Sohai scolded her son but he was having none of it.

" Soha Bhabhi, galti Safi ki nahi Mustafaa ki hain" Mehtaab tried explaining her Bhabhi lest she carry out on her threat.

" Nahi Mehtaab..." Sohai was cut short by another voice.

" Safi, Musi Bhai bade hain na aapse?" Zafiraa walked inside and told her nephew lovingly.

" Par Mami unhone meri aur Yusi ki ball cheen li thi" Safwaan complained to his only Mami as he ran to her and raised his arms for her to pick him up.

" Toh aap unhe apne saath games mein shaamil karlein" Zafiraa pacified him and now Mustafaa looked down at the floor with a pout.

His cousin always preferred sitting with the babies and refused to play with him. He feels alone whenever he comes over to his Nani house and that's why he took his ball. Just so that they could play together.

" Theek hain" Safwaan agreed begrudgingly and wriggled in her arms to be let down.

" Sorry Musi Bhai" he apologized to his older cousin who pouted at him yet took his outstretched hand to stand up from the floor.

" Main bhi sorry Safi, aainda se nahi karunga" Mustafaa smiled guiltily before holding his hand and dragging him away to where Yousef is to play together.

" Zafiraa Bhabhi aap yeh kaise kar leti hain" Mehtaab looked at her Bhabhi in awe as she now laid her daughter down on the bed.

And Zafiraa just smiled at her before taking Saadat in her arms from Sohai.

" Bhabhi..." Sohai was cut short by a loud voice from the living room and she immediately recognised it as her son's.

" Allah yeh ladka!" Mehtaab shook her head, knowing well that it was her own son who might have done something to the two little ones.

Sohai immediately rushed outside and Mehtaab too got down from the bed and wore her slippers before going out.

Just as she was crossing the threshold, Mehtaab muttered under her breath, " Zafiraa Bhabhi kitni lucky hain unhe yeh roz bardaasht nahi karna hota hain."