two

" Zafi meri watch kaha hain?"

" Drawer mein"

" Beta sabzi mein namak check karlein"

" Jee Ammi"

" Aaj ka akhbaar dekha hain kisine? Zafiraa aapne?"

" Abhi dhoond deti hoon Abbu"

" Zafi mera wallet!"

" Watch ke saath hi rakha hain"

" Nahi mil raha hain"

" Wahi par toh hain Abu Bakr" Zafiraa replied in exasperation, already tired at such an early hour!

" Mujhe late hou raha hain Zafi, dhoond dou na" she heard her husband's voice from their bedroom and released a tired sigh before switching off the flame and covering up the wok.

She trudged her heavy body, tired from having little to no sleep last night and walked inside her room that now resembles a wreck after a storm!

" Kitni dafaa kaha hain Abu Bakr ki geela towel bed par mat rakha karein" she said  tiredly, her voice coming out too defeated.

And that caught her husband's attention.

" Jaana? Kya hua hain?" He immediately threw the hair brush on the dresser and walked upto his wife.

" Kuch nahi" Zafiraa mumbled softly, not wanting to trouble him.

" Zafi" he called out to her in a warning tone and sat her on the edge of the bed, kneeling down in front of her on the floor.

" Jaan" Abu Bakr held her hands in his and caressed her knuckles softly, trying to hold her gaze.

" Mujhe theek nahi lag raha hain" she replied, not meeting his eyes.

" Kal raat bhar tum bechain thi, mujhe neend mein bhi mehsoos ho raha tha" he revealed and she looked at him wide eyed.

She had tried to be very still, not move around much but her sleeplessness and anxiety had not let her sleep a wink and somehow her husband was aware of it now.

" Mere aaj periods aaye hain" Zafiraa revealed, her eyes filling up in agony.

Abu Bakr sighed in understanding, his hold tightening on her hands. They had been trying for a baby for a few months now and so far it had only been one negative after another.

" Jaan, it's okay" he raised her hands and kissed her palms lovingly.

" Par..." Zafiraa couldn't continue as her tears fell down her cheeks unabashedly, her throat choking up due to the heavy emotions.

" Zafi, humaare Nikaah ko waqt hi kitna hua hain abhi..." He cupped her face in his large palms, his thumb caressing her cheeks affectionately, wiping her tears away.

She shook her head in response, as if answering him that they've not been married for too long. Heck they had not even reached their six months milestone yet!

Maybe she was being too impatient regarding this matter. Maybe they'll get pregnant in a few months more?

" Waqt lagta hain na Jaana. Allah ki Rehmat naazil hone mein waqt toh lagta hi hain, nahi?" he pacified her in his gentlest voice possible.

His own heart breaking seeing her disheartened face. The forlorn expression and longing in her eyes tugging at his heartstrings.

Oh his poor Baby!

Zafiraa nodded her head slowly, agreeing with her husband.

" Ab please rona band karein Jaana" he pleaded and sighed when she gave him a smile in return.