the serpent | 38

OCTAVIO

OCTAVIO

4 days later...

There hasn't been one fucken second that those colored eyes of hers haven't ticked my nerves. Those fucken tears that colored her rosy cheeks when she begged me to love her still left a bitter taste on my tongue. I didn't like the fact she wasn't in my bed at night for me to touch and kiss. As fucked up as it was, Blaise Innocencio's tears belonged to me as much as her smiles.

I glanced at my bedside table and then at the drawer where the flashdrive was still sitting. It has been four days since I had left her behind just as she had told me to and four days of me questioning everything about her. She had seemed to touch a nerve in me that now I couldn't get to stop buzzing. I wanted to go back and kiss her hard until the only thing she could taste was the...love for her? I couldn't love, I wasn't made for it since day one yet when it came to her I was at loss of words.

I got up from my chair and walked over to the wooden drawer and pulled out the flashdrive. Her last words were never supposed to be the ones she had whispered before letting herself cry in silence. They didn't sit right with me, because I was fucken selfish when it came to her. I wanted her to still love me after I had so easily chosen something else over her. I was addicted to her.

The similar buzz of my phone pulled me out of my thoughts and I glanced to see the number of the chief printed on the screen. I have been avoiding his calls ever since I left her place and I knew he wanted one thing from me out of this, the flash drive.

The phone went blink again as I didn't pick up the call and pulled on my shoes and shirt. I knew what I needed to do. I needed to get her back.

_

My hands clenched at my sides as I rang the bell one last time after my other ten failed attempts. My heart pounded in my chest rapidly as I pulled the spare key to her place and opened the house door.

The curtains were still open, letting the sunlight in but everything else was dead. It was quiet, too quiet for my liking. Like someone had sucked all the life out of the place and now it was just that, a house. Not a home where my Blaise lived. I quickly bit my tongue as I remembered how I didn't get to keep her. I simply needed her to understand me. Understand how I can't love her even if I tried. I needed her. I needed her to love the fucked up version of me.

I quickly walked up the stairs towards her room and immediately saw all the doors closed on the second level. My heart started to pound quicker and I practically ran to her bedroom, opening it in hopes of finding her laid out in her bed where I could slip away from the world for a few hours. But, when I found her bed empty and unmade from what seemed like the last time I was here, I knew it. I knew she had left.

I walked over to her closet to hope I was wrong about this, because god I needed her back in arms reach. I needed her with me where I knew she was okay. My stomach churned in distaste when I saw her closet missing most of her belongings along with the picture of her parents. She left me. Blaise Innocencio had left me and I knew I fucked up, because it hurt.

"I love you." I whispered to the ghost of her scent that would haunt me for the rest of my life and unfortunately this was the end.

. . .
(Unedited chapter)
Okay, hear me out. Actually I have nothing to say. I just need to finish this book already so I can't stop hurting myself and you guys. Let me take you all out of your misery already. But, let me know your thoughts.

author instagram | j_iris_grace
twitter | jirisgrace
email | eroticairisgrace@gmail.com
facebook | jazmine iris grace
radish | JazmineIrisGrace

J. Iris Grace

please vote and comment!