the serpent | 35

BLAISE

BLAISE

My hand reached out for Octavio as I slowly opened my eyes when I found the other side of the bed empty but still warm, indicating he hadn't left too long ago. Stretching myself out, I smiled when I felt the familiar soreness between my legs. I peeled the sheets off of me and eyed his shirt that was folded on the chair.

Walking over to the corner, I quickly worked his shirt over my head and down before walking out to look for him.

Everything was dead silent making me wonder if he was even at home but knowing Ocatvio he wouldn't be someone who just walked out without leaving a warning in place beforehand. Before I could turn around and head downstairs, my gaze fell upon the similar wooden door I had walked through yesterday and my eyes immediately widened. The flash drive was still sitting on the kitchen seat.

I quickly rushed down the stairs towards the direction of the kitchen but before I could make it to the seat, his voice came through. I glanced back to see where he was and saw him standing outside near the poolside on a call. The look on his face was cold and unbothered as if he wasn't worried in the slightest about the words coming from the other end but I knew that look stood for something else as well. He was mad if not furious.

I slowly walked to the poolside door knowing the moment he saw me that call would end. When I came close enough to make out his words, I immediately knew something was wrong. Something was very wrong, because the next words that left his mouth were those that I was never meant to hear.

"She trusts me." I knew I should have turned around and pretended as if everything was fine. That we were fine. But the thickness settling in my mouth told me otherwise along with my heart which was no longer calm. It was as if it knew it was about to be broken into a million sharp pieces.

"I know, alright. I don't need you to tell me how to do my job."

"This fake love is a bunch of made up bullshit and you know that too. I don't love her." And there it was, the bitter fucken truth. The lies and secrets that were never meant for him and yet he played them so honestly. Octavio Amor was a liar and he had just gotten his fill of me.

As I backed away from the door, the unmistakable sound of a breaking vase echoed throughout the hallway and just like that his green eyes met mine. Cold, so much of it that I could feel the goosebumps running on my skin. The phone in his hand was forgotten, and the look on my face left a tinge of fear in his eyes.

I never knew an emotion would give me so much satisfaction but the fear in his eyes proved me wrong. I smiled cruelly as the tears that stroked my cheeks left a bitter taste on my lips. He made me cry.

"Blaise." He whispered and I wanted to rip his cold heart out and warm it in my hands just to hope it would have been enough for him to fall in love with me.

"You lied." I accused as I turned around and ran towards the kitchen seat for the one thing that he wanted more than me even if he wanted me in the first place.