The Long Night II

Start from the beginning

"Lady Ellaria, pleas-"

"And you wouldn't even know the half of it."

Ellaria whips around quickly, pointing a finger at Tyrion's chest before storming off, not being able to really go far but she needs to be away.

"She's right, you know."

Sansa says, making Tyrion and a few others glance at her, almost surprised hearing her voice after a long term silence from her.

"You would not know what it is like."

"And what do you know of raising a child? What it is to lose one, if not, more than one?"

Tyrion asks, the conversation of losing children to the blade, sickness or just simple death in general making him feel guilty. His sister, however much he could hate her, is sorry that her children, the only thing she loved in this world, are gone. Dead and gone, no chance of ever coming back.

Sansa couldn't care less for Cersei or her suffering. In fact, she kind of enjoys the thought of her suffering.

But the politics and the life of the game of thrones will not matter one little bit of the dead kill them all.

The wall of flames roars with power and life.

The living remain on the better side of the fire, The dead, on the other. The thousands upon thousands of dead men, women, children and other monsters all stare back with cold, blue, empty eyes as the living stare back in fear at the eerie silence. One moment they are screaming like terrible monsters, the next they are deathly silent.

"Get inside!"

Jon says and with only slight hesitation, the living still outside of the wall turn to go back inside. Tormund and Greyworm usher everyone still outside back in as Jon stays for a moment, looking at the dead across the flaming wall. They stare back at him with such emptiness that anyone would figure these creatures- these monsters- were ever human to begin with.

Suddenly, one Wight steps forward, falling into the flames without a sound uttered. Jon stares in confusion, watching as another one falls and then another, then one more. One after the other, the undead begins to pile ontop of the only thing keeping them from the living.

"Prepare the oil and fire on the walls! They're going to get through!"

Jon turns and dashes back towards the gate, running inside as he shoves past several people to get onto the ramparts to help defend against the soon coming storm.

Tyene runs through the courtyard of Winterfell as fast as she can, shoving past people trying to escape as she fights her way to find her love.

"Arya!?"

She shouts over the frightened cries of the people.

"Arya, where are you!?"

Arya looks down from wall back into the courtyard as the dead begin swarming past the dying trench. In the chaos of the courtyard, she sees her love running towards her, shoving past anyone who gets in her way.

"Tyene! What are you doing!?"

Arya hollers as Tyene forces her way up the stares, dashing up them before finally reaching the ramparts. As the archers are relieved from the wall, regular soldiers come in to man the barrels of pitch and oil, torches lit next to them so that they might light. Arya and Tyene crash into one another, lips connecting as the screams and snarls of the undead call to them like a whisper from Death himself.