His sour tone and negativity did not entirely shock the soldier. Everyone was already accustomed to his back handed responses and insulting way of rejection...but even so, none of them seemed to hate him. Not like he expected them to, the idiots in Inazuma City were just as bad, respecting him and praising him, showing kindness to him despite his dismissive remarks and rude comments.

He turned to leave, and his eyes locked onto a nearby crate, behind it a shifting figure. He paused momentarily and then watched as the moving figure revealed itself to be Hana, scurrying away from a good hearing distance away and away to archons know where.

There's that strange feeling caught in his throat again.

...

"Your Excellency! I've got what you've asked for." Gorou exclaims, eagerly handing her the papers in his hands.

"Thank you. Still no update from Fort Fujitou?"

"Errr," Gorou hesitated but shook his head, "No. Mitsuki doesn't seem fond of writing letters."

"Hah," for some reason his answer reminds her of something amusing, "When I first got a reply from him, he was direct and didn't over explain or add anything unnecessary. Maybe his lack of response means everything is going well."

"You have that much faith in him, huh?"

Kokomi giggled a bit and tilted her head, "And you don't?"

"O-Of course I do," he quickly assured, "a general should always believe in his army...even if it's a one man army like him. He'll be back tomorrow morning, so we'll have an update on the Fort by then."

"That's good..."

Kokomi's face falls suddenly, and Gorou is quick to catch this.

"Is everything alright, Your Excellency?"

She smiles wryly and nods, turning away from him and going through the papers in her hand.

"Everything's okay. Go ahead, I've got work to do."

It doesn't take Gorou a second later after nodding in affirmation to leave her be. He knew she'd prefer to be alone anyhow...she was strong in her own way and he'd never stop admiring the way she carried so many struggles on her own. That's what really inspired him to be better...

Kokomi sinks into her chair, troubled beyond belief. They found out, and someone sold him out. She had been making sure there had been no Shogunate spies within the Resistance vicinities and unless Mitsuki was actively shouting out his alliance with her—which she highly doubted consider his uptight quietness—there shouldn't have been a way for them to have discovered that he was with them, not so soon. Gorou said the attack on the Fort Fujitou had been primarily done by Fatui members...so how?

'We are aware that Vision bearer Moriyama Mitsuki has joined your forces, willingly or not. By the order of our Almighty Shogun and other special parties, the Vision Hunt Decree will be carrying out our mission to retrieve him. If the Resistance seeks to end this peacefully, you will hand him over, followed by other vision bearers within your army to have their visions confiscated. Turning yourselves in willingly will lessen your punishment, so take into consideration before our hands are made to retrieve all of you with force. We are willing to bargain and grant you time to prepare for a few days if you hand over Mitsuki immediately.'

Her hand shakily sets the letter down

How did the Shogunate find out he was here?

She wasn't exactly so worried for him. After all, he admitted he wouldn't mind making an enemy out of them, but she wanted that to be one of the last things that got out—especially with him staying near the Resistance. Wether he acknowledges it or not, he's a special case, and the Shogunate would do much to have him arrested or hurt.

She's had her own spies within the borders of Inazuma City. They've told her about his situation, though she tries to feign ignorance about his history while he's around. The Shogunate and Shogun herself seem to think negatively of him despite his achievements and the fact that everyone else seems to adore him. She always found it strange that he could loathe the people who raised him and treated him kindly, and was so open to slandering the Shogun's name without a care in the world.

He was so reckless because he was protected. The Grand Narukami Shrine...no, Yae Miko, had intended to protect him from harm. But now the Shogunate had a reason to hunt him down, and that was the fact that he was working with the enemy, with her. They could tear into him like her loyal soldiers, and there would be nothing that even the Shrine could do to stop that.

How many people would they send for him? Considering his strength, she wouldn't be surprised if they sent Kujo Sara or the Shogun herself to dispose of him for being such a thorn at their side. And if they showed up, the casualties for her army would be...immense.

The person who told the Shogunate would surely know their plan...

But who?