chapter 10

Amelia's POV

It's been a month, and Nexus fled away on a trip to try to find some clues about my illness. Selina had been monitoring me from time to time, bringing books and sweets to me.

"LADY~~" I heard Selina sung her way to opening the door, holding some sweets in paper bags.

"Lady Seline." I laughed as she pouted at me. She laid down the sweets on a near table between us.

"Drop the lady, you're basically a royal." She chuckled as do I. She's quite right on that part though, Amelia being the eldest daughter of Nicolas the grand duke.

"Has Nexus come back from his trip?" I stood up from the bed, placing the book I was previously reading at a small cabinet next to the bed.

Selina gave me a frown as she tried to hide it.

"I think it's going to be a while since he can come back. It sometimes can take him years to finish his trips." Selina gave me a frown.

"It's alright, it's not very easy to find records of an illness as peculiar as mine." I chuckled as she did also.

"You're very optimistic for a person who wouldn't see her family for years I suppose." My heart dropped.

"WHAT?! Wait, I can't visit them even once while I'm here?!" My heart was beating fast, Seline gave me a confused look.

"Didn't master told you? The magic tower has protection spells that only the sage aka master Nexus could release." She opened one of the boxes she had as I looked with a worrisome look.

"B-but how can you go in and out of the tower?! There has to be a way right?!" She gave me a sad look as I shook my head.

"I'm a verified and certified resident of the tower. It can recognize me as a resident meaning the tower lets me go in and out. Unlike you, who's a guest, a being unknown to the tower." Seline continued.

I flopped to one of the sweets near the table as I let out a sigh.

"Don't fret! I, Selina Ezra Hangrinch will keep you company until my master come back!" Selina sung as I laughed ecstatically.

I then heard a loud screech, I fell down as I saw Seline with a frightened and disturbed reaction. I felt a sharp boiling hot and freezing cold pain in my head and chest. I couldn't even hear if I was screaming or not due to the pain of my head.

My eyes started getting blurry and darker as all of my body felt numb.
.

.

"Please wake up my dear child." I heard a woman's voice calling out to me as I flutter my eyes open.

Everything was blurry and I felt like vomiting ugh,

"PRINCESS!" I heard Seline yelled, her voice echoed through my ears. I covered them immediately as everything was so noisy it felt like my mind was yelling in pain.

I don't even know if I'm screaming or crying, heck I might be even doing both. I can't see anything, everything is black. I feel my eyes are open though, I know my eyes are open.

Everything hurts, god, everything hurts.

I don't know what to do anymore, I can't see, can't hear, and I can't feel due to the massive pain overtaking my body.

It's like, I was nothing.

A consciousness in a black void.

I felt a stabbing pain in my chest. I nearly choked on my spit, I kept coughing uncontrollably as more spit I supposed was leaving my mouth.