chapter 8

Amelia's POV

"Ugh, how can a child have so much mana malfunction in her body and not scream the way I did?!" I heard Eira yelled at Nexus while he just looked distressed.

Eira had experience torture so much and so painful that her she's almost completely numbed from any attacks nor spells.

Was my pain that bad? My body was used it so it isn't that much of a deal though?

Nexus approached me and grabbed my chin. "Do you feel any better now?" He sighed worriedly while he checked my temperature.

Father and Eira looked at him in disbelief but I shrugged it off.

He then casted absorption, he yelled for a bit but he gritted his teeth preventing him from yelling.

He then casted Neutralize, it was a spell he discovered and only he could cast. It was one of his key spells that saved the female lead and made him the second male lead.

"I'll take her to the mage tower." He dusted off his pants, father than took me away from him before he could teleport us.

"No." His voice echoed as all of the maids trembled, I never saw him this mad before.

"Let's get this straight, she will die." Father tighten his grip on my wrist, I heard some faint crying behind my door.

It's the twins. I thought to myself.

"I'll-" Father was cut off by Nexus.

"You also can't come nor any of your guards. They'll interfere and I will not and can't find what's wrong with her." Nexus had a serious look on his face, father looked at me and sighed.

"Also she'll bring her clothes, I do not know how long it'll take me diagnose and cure her." Nexus stoicly said, father nodded and let go of my wrist. 

He then got outside, "Are you alright now?" Eira asked me one last time while I nodded, she then sighed and hugged me. "You really look like her.." I heard her whisper to my ear.

She then waved goodbye as two white cloaked men followed her.

I then rushed to the twins who were crying behind my door. They looked at me with pity.

"I'll go away for a while, big sister Anathalia would be in charge. Listen to her okay?" They nodded as they hugged me, WHSHHSHS THEY HUGGED ME THEY'RE SO CUTE

Nexus then 'coughed', wait how the hell did he get my nightgowns. He then stretched out his hand while I held it.

He then immediately teleported us, I clung to his shirt as I felt wind brushed my cheek.

I shut my eyes tight until I felt Nexus tapping me on my back.

"We're here now." He looked at me, I raised a brow. He then signalled his shirt as I immediately let go.

I looked around in awe, I never imagined for it to be this..bland? I supposed.

I always imagined the ego ridden, handsome looking and most powerful mage would have a room that looks like a royal owns it.

A loud bang went outside Nexus's door, I immediately turned around and payed attention at the door as I went behind Nexus's back.

The door went flying open as three guys went rolling to us. A man with glasses then approached us with an angered look.

"What did you two do while I was gone?"  A menacingly voice echoed throughout the room, the two guys seemed to stop fighting as they immediately sat up trembling.

"W-were just doing work a little that's all.." They cowered in fear while the man who was wearing glasses glanced at me.

He seemed to be surprised at me but Nexus gave him a death stare.

The guy then 'coughed  as Nexus just rolled his eyes at him.

"It seemed we have a guest." He bowed down reaching for my hand. I forward it only to be grabbed by Nexus who had an angry look.

I raised my brow but he just scoffed and let go of my hand.

"Lady Amelia, daughter of the grand duke Nicolas Eris Revanche." I smiled at him, while he kissed the back of my hand.

"THE  GRAND DUKE?!" The two guys looked at me with sparkling gleemful eyes. I nodded while they looked at me ecstatically.

"Wait, then you're the Amelia Revanch-" The guy was cut off by Nexus who had a death stare.

"Now get out of my room." Nexus said annoyed, while they left in a single file line.

He sighed and closed the door, he then grabbed my hand and pulled some books from his collection.

I looked amazed as a door magically appeared on the wall. He opened it and led me down on a trail of stairs.

He then lit a small fire in the air for some light,

"Your body can't handle mana." I was snapped out of my trance when Nexus said something.

"My body can't? Why?" I asked curiously, Anathalia would be a strong mage while all my other siblings was fluent in mana and spells.

Did Amelia had this problem in the original novel? There were only a few times she was mentioned, being the dead sister of the villainess.

Wait, was Amelia the reason why Anathalia became a villainess? Anathalia became an official villainess when she learned that Amelia was killed by the duchess, sister of the current empress.

She was so outraged that she pledged to destroy the royal family, but her planned failed when the crown prince the brother of the fl , had the sibling protection and surprise, surprised, defeated Anathalia.

"I don't know either why you can't handle mana. It.. doesn't make sense.." Nexus looked annoyed and worried, it looked like he knew something but I just couldn't understand what.

We finally reached the end of the stairs which revealed many potions and gases, fairies, and other weird looking scrolls.

"Let's get started."