chapter 7

Amelia's POV

I let out a groan as a sharp pain radiated through my head, causing a migraine to settle in. Confusion clouded my thoughts as I tried to comprehend the situation. My gaze landed on Eliza, who had entered the room, her eyes widened in surprise.

"T-the Princess! The Princess has awakened!" She exclaimed, her voice piercing my ears. I instinctively covered them attempting to shield myself from the overwhelming noise.

Within moments, a crowd of people flooded into the room, all wearing white hoods and coats. The ground shook beneath the weight of their hurried footsteps.

I observed Anathalia and Father rushing to my side, their breaths heavy from running so fast.

Concern laced Father's trembling voice as he asked if I were alright and if I had sustained any injuries. My heart ached at the sound of his worry, and I reassured him by shaking my head.

He still wasn't convinced so he summoned the royal physician to examine me.

"All the intruders were arrested and preparing for punishments, you don't have to be worried anymore Amelia." Father stroked my head as he kissed my forehead, I felt a tear drizzle down my cheek. I never heard words of concern from my Father when I was alive, not even a question if I was alright.

His warmth calms my aching heart.

"Thank you Father."

............

A few hours ticked by as the mages stuck around, conducting their thorough examinations to make sure I was fine. Father, in his protective fashion, made it crystal clear that they were to stick by my side or face the consequences.

I gotta admit, it felt kinda nice, you know? Being showered with all that love and care. It brought a sense of relief, even if it was just temporary.

I feel guilty though, that the original Amelia didn't experienced this side of her Father.

"Lady Amelia!" My door bursts open revealing Nexus who had a wide smile, all the mages around me bowed to him promptly, with the fear of meeting their demise because of him.

"Ah, Sir Nexus, I have yet to issue a letter to you regarding my thanks for saving my life." I smiled at him as he approached my side, it was kind of embarrassing for him to see me dolled up like a bandaged doll because of my overprotective father.

"It's fine, don't worry," He reassured me with a gentle smile. The mages surrounding us looked on with wide eyes, their expressions ranging from surprise to shock, I guess they aren't used to seeing the terror tower mage like this.

A voice echoed in my mind, filled with uncertainty and urgency. "Are you really Amelia? The Gods have spoken, why won't you answer?" A sharp pain seared through my head, causing me to cry out in anguish, I felt Nexus calling out to me but I couldn't decipher what it was.

A blinding light emerged from Nexus as he almost fell down to his knees from the pain, he bit his lip till it bled to stop him from screaming, my eyes widened, he transfered my pain to his using his spell?!

"Why are you all just standing there?! Can't you help him?!" I faced the mages besides us who were wondering what their next move was.

"We're holy mages your Highness, if we try to heal him, his dark magic would react and injure him more." One of the mages responded and bowed, his face felt desperation, maybe he felt useless at the moment.

"I'm fine," A groan left Nexus as he grabbed the railings of my bed, sweats formed from his forehead, he then casted his signature spell, 'Elimination'

Because he couldn't heal himself with holy magic, he made a spell only he could cast, Elimination. As the name suggests, he could eliminate any spell, pain, curse cast unto him.