Chapter 4

Amelia's POV

A week had already gone by, I've started getting more comfortable calling myself as Amelia. Nothing new had begun yet, but I did get the permission to visit the second prince using my father's favor.

The second prince is our cousin from our father's side, his mother was my father's sister, unfortunately she died by poisoning most likely committed by the current empress.

My father greatly despised the royal family now, for my aunt Analise was his beloved sister. He couldn't do anything to stop her marriage because he was in The Great War then.

He never once visited any of his family members then nor her son. He hated them to his very core. "My grace." Sir Elias knocked on the door.

"Ah yes, Eliza please get it." She simply nodded, as sir Elias greeted me. "Good morning your grace, the duke is requesting for you attendance." I looked to sir Elias confused.

He then left off like he was in a hurry, I shrugged it off as sir Elias has been acting like this for the past week.

"Miss, would you want me to prepare your attire for your attendance to the duke?" Eliza looked at me happily as I nodded.

........

"Your highness?" I knocked on my father's door, "Come in." He coldly replied, the studded door opened as it reveals his office, I felt quite anxious but ignored it.

"You called for me father?" I sat down on one of his chairs in front of him.

I looked at the desserts in front of us, I looked at it in awe but quickly got out of my trance. "Why did you ask to visit the second prince?" He looked at me coldly, as I felt weak in my knees. His tone held authority as his eyes pierced through me.

"Isn't it natural for cousins to want to see each other?" I laughed awkwardly easing the tension.

"You never showed any care for your relatives though?" He raised his brow at me.

"Well, i-it's the time to change I guess..?" I avoided his cold gaze.

"Sigh, if you want to visit the second prince I'll accompany you." I looked at him surprised, he DESPISED the royal family. So much so that he never ONCE stepped foot in it.

"Thank you, father." I smiled at him,

.

.

.

"Your grace." Sir Elias greeted me, while I looked at him confused.

"His grace is waiting for your attendance now. " He continued, I looked at him with a face that's for sure.

"N-now?!" I almost yelled.

I didn't realized that he never actually gave me a date to visit the second prince, BUT I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS NOW.

"Eliza!" I looked at Eliza who instinctly readied everything. I looked at her with a feiry face and smiled at her with tears.

Thirty minutes gone by, and I'm prepared to meet with my father.

I waved farewell to Eliza, and walked down the halls by myself.

"Why aren't there maids here?" I mumbled to myself.

I heard footsteps approaching so I had a glimpse of hope as I was lost, and hoping that someone would help me.

I stopped at my tracks and felt uncomfortable.

I saw Anathalia, Azrael and Ethan were together, they looked at me ; I avoided their gaze.

"Sister Anathalia, brother Damien, brother Ethan." I greeted them with a smile as they looked at each other weirdly.

"G-good afternoon, older sister.." They said monotonously and waved goodbye.

I continued walking away, and proceeded to get even more lost. Ugh, why didn't I asked them directions?!

I saw a tunnel of light and approached it, I sighed of relief; I saw father standing in front of a carriage.

"I'm sorry, I got lost." I smiled awkwardly to my father as he just smiled at me shaking his head.
.

.

.

.

After an hour we finally made it to the palace, the emperor greeted us at the gate.

"Nicolas," the emperor smiled at father as he just shaked his hand.

"Your highness." He replied coldly, the emperor approached me as I felt uncomfortable, I hid behind father's back as he gazed softly at me.

"Let's get to the point." Father briefly said with a sigh, the emperor was visibly nervous and was trying to laugh it off.

"A-are you sure you want to adopt the cursed bastard?" I looked behind the emperor only to see the second prince, bruised up, even though his scars and the harsh words that bastard emperor said. He didn't respond to it, it seemed like he was used to it..

I approached the second prince and held his hand. Father was taken aback but just smiled at me, the emperor was surprised by my father's smile.

The second prince stared at me with his emerald green eyes, his eyes widen when I was smiling at him.

I approached father again and tugged on his shirt. "The second prince is here, can we go now?" I faked a yawn as father just chuckled at me.

He patted my head and nodded, the emperor was stuttering but didn't dare to utter a word.

We approached the carriage but the second prince suddenly stopped. I looked at him curiously and smiled at him.

I held out my hand and helped him up the carriage, I gazed to the emperor who's jaw was on the floor. He looked scared and nervous, I wonder why.

.

.

.

Calix's POV

She was looking outside in awe, is this really the wretched Amelia that was considered as the useless daughter of the Revanche family?

I was surprised to hear that my uncle, was coming to see me. I gazed to the duke who was staring at his daughter affectionately.

He really resembles my mother, black hair and green eyes. Well I guess I too resembles my mother more, I inherited her black hair and green eyes.

But that was also the reason I was considered as a cursed child. The duke didn't looked at me with hatred when he first saw me so that's a win.

I looked at my cousin why would she help me? What do they need for me? Do they need a new maid? Or a bodyguard?

I shook off the negative thoughts as I looked outside as well with Amelia, it's my first time since I saw what the outside looked like.

It was a sunny day, a beautiful day.
.

.

.

Amelia's POV

"Father said that you would start your education tomorrow after the doctor inspects your body." I briefly said to the boy infront of me.

"W-why." He muttered under his breath. I looked at him confused with a raised brow.

"Why what?" I repeated,

"Why did you helped me?" He gazed at me, expressionless, my heart fell to the ground. I almost dropped the pen I was carrying.

I was taken aback, his eyes showed no emotion whatsoever. What kind of dealings did he had to go through to have such an expressionless?

"A rumor went around about your condition and I felt sorry. You're my cousin, no, you are person with feelings. You shouldn't have to go to torture." I almost yelled with anger.

His eyes teared up and he was trembling. He was trying to say thank you but he couldn't do to his crying and shaking.

I held him in a hug and patted his head.

Such a poor child.