chapter 5

Anathalia's POV

Sitting at my table, hands crossed. It's been two days since my older sister Amelia gave me her napkin.

My mind was rambling these past two days because of this napkin. I cleaned it myself and even ironed it using simple fire magic. I should return it now while she's still in her room. I held the napkin and opened my door, the knights guarding my door looked surprised and quickly bowed to me.

I nodded at them briefly and continued my walking. After 5 minutes, I was standing in front of my sister's door.

I knocked on it three times while holding my breath. Would she think I'm impatient? Would she think lowly of me because I didn't have perfumed her napkins?

"Ah come in." I heard my sister's voice inside her room.

With a deep breath, I opened the door, only to be greeted by a surprising sight, my sister, in a state of shock, threw colorful paper shreds in front of my face.

Eliza? I presumed, stood beside her holding a banner that read "Congrats, Sir Elias." The room fell silent, and both of their faces reflected a mix of astonishment and disbelief

"A-ana-anathalia.." Sister Amelia muttered as she trembled. We both turned red as she immediately fell off her bed and ran to me.

She hastily tried taking off the paper shreds in my face and dress, and was stuttering.

"I'M REALLY SORRY!!" She dropped in front of me with tears, her head down. I tried to comfort her but she was in a state of disbelief and regret.

"I-it's alright sister! Really." I rubbed her back, comforting her. She looked at me with big eyes as I nodded.

"What did you want to do with me sister?" She rubbed her tears away as I turned red. I handed her now a crunched up napkin, she looked at it curiously but muttered an 'oh'

She smiled and took it gracefully, "Ah thank you for returning it sister." She patted my head as I turned red. I felt a weird feeling making my heart beat faster as I nodded.

"I shall get going sister." I waved at her goodbye but she grabbed my hand and smiled widely at me. "May I invite you to tea? To apologize for the ruckus earlier." She smiled, her flustered cheeks showing.

I nodded quickly and hurriedly made my way out of her room, closing the doors behind me. A blush crept up on my face as I reflected on the embarrassing encounter.

As I walked towards my room, I ran into Azrael, my younger brother.

"Ah, older sister," he greeted me with a warm smile. Me and my siblings were always close, apart from our older sister.

Azrael, my younger brother, had a talent for swordsmanship. We were also fortunate to have the twins, Elijah and Ethan, who had their own distinct personalities despite being the youngest of us all.

We're much closer than other siblings I guess, after all, we're really all we got.

"Good afternoon Azrael." I responded to him as he smiled, Azrael has never smiled for anyone other than me and the twins. He looked at my older sister's door and looked at me.

"Where did you go?" He raised a brow, "I just left my sister Amelia's room." His eyes widened, his face got closer to mine as he stared at me with a skeptical look.

"I just returned her napkin that's all..." I blushed away from his gaze, he was about to say something until the twins came yelling towards us.

"BIG SISTER ANAAA, BIG BROTHER AZRY!" They jumped onto us with a smile, I patted Elijah's head as Azrael patted Ethan's.