Chapter 7: Convenience

I was sitting down, drinking a cup of tea. Across from me was Lily. She and I were talking about random things that honestly made me feel a bit of comfort.

An hour before that i was still with Ram. But soon Mr. Winn took me and told me he would put me on this planet for the whole day. This baffled me, it was a long time.

Lily stirred her teabag and sighed. "This might come off a bit rude but I'm honestly glad you came here; it's always been a bit lonely here, just me and the animals. It's nice talking to someone."

"No your fine! Well I'd have to say that the only good part about this is seeing you. Things haven't been too good with others back on Earth." I mumbled.

"I see.. what they did to you was terrible! Cant imagine the pain you must've went through.. why don't you just run away or maybe attack them back?" She smiled.

"Oh if only it was that easy! I cant escape that damn building- it's locked everywhere! And attacking them? Couldn't do that, they would kill me if I tried- I've thought of almost everything.." I groaned and sipped some tea.

"Well.. maybe something will come to mind soon. There's gotta be someway for you to escape!" Lily grinned triumphantly.

"I hope so!" I chuckled.

"Your here for a while today, how about I take you for a drive? I needed to pick up some things, would like it if you came" she smiled and set down her cup on a circular coffee table.

I did the same and got to my feet. "I'd love to." I grinned.

"Eh- my car is still pretty old so sorry it's not the best of the best. Not sure what you have on your planet, but it's probably better then this." Lily laughed and clicked her car keys.

"No, it's fine! I've seen far worse. Ha, I actually thought you were gonna take that horse thing I saw you on when I first saw you!" I slid into the car's shotgun.

"Ohh! You mean, Rolly. I only use her around my own property. With the snow out it's easier to just ride her then walk" she explained and started the car.

"Makes sense, oh! And where are we going?" I asked and set my hands in my lap.

"Nothing interesting, just a convenience store. There isn't many places near here, I live in the middle of no where!" Lily giggled as the car backed up.

I nodded and as we got on the main road, I stared out the window. I probably expected something crazy to happen, like an astroid fall from the sky or something. Nothing did though, it was normal. It reminded me of home, before I went to Stellar Corp. I lived in a rural area. A small town with lots of plants and wildlife. As I thought about that, my mind wandered to my family. I missed them, and I probably wouldn't be able to talk to them anymore. Do they know what's happening to me-?

I tried to focus my mind on something else. I didn't want to think about that.

"You alright, Oscar?" Lily asked, eyes still on the road.

"Just thinking. hey, is there more people- er objects, in this area?" I questioned fiddling with my fingers.

"Yes, there's more objects that live near here. It's a lot more spread out though. Most Objects reside in the city about 3 hours away." Lily explained. "Oh! We're here!"

It was a small box shaped building on the side of the road. There was a mini parking lot with only two other cars in it. A one car gas station was across from the building with a half lit-up sign.

We pulled in the parking lot, and slowly parked the car. I was weirdly excited. I hadn't gone anywhere is so long that it was all I wanted to do. Lily and I got out of the car, she had her boots on and I stood next to her. I gently gripped her hand in comfort.