"oh- it was broken. must have been walkers. we mean no harm, sir. our friend is injured. we just need help. please." one of the men begged.

jungkook scanned the man's wound and nodded with a smile, "of course. sorry for the hostility. come in, we have a good doctor."

the men gratefully smiled and walked in before jungkook, who shut the door behind them.

"who is this?" jimin rose his eyebrows.

"guests. one's injured. jin?" jungkook followed the trio.

"of course. what happened? are you bit?" jin walked to the group to scan one's arm.

"oh, of course not! i think i broke it when i fell." the male sheepishly smiled.

"well, good thing we have jin! do you guys want some water?" jimin smiled as he walked to the three.

"um... sure! thank you so much." one said.

"my pleasure." jimin pledged as he walked into the kitchen.

the rest of the group acknowledged the three strangers as they eased into the living room.

nothing seemed dangerous or concerning in regard to the three strangers. it was just a simple gesture to help, what they loved doing.

jimin came back to the group with three small jugs of water. "what are your names?"

jin continued to patch up the injured man's arm as he spoke, "i'm jae-jun."

the begging man that pleaded to come inside answered next, "changbin."

"jackson." the third man politely smiled.

"nice to meet you all."  jungkook grinned, the group continuing to exchange names.

"so, where were you guys? did you have a shelter?" hoseok questioned.

"we did, but it got overrun by biters. we lost all of our comrades. we've been on foot every since then." changbin avoided eye contact with the group as he bit his lip.

"i'm sorry. if you need anything, we're here. you can even spend the night, if you need." namjoon smiled his charming dimple as he offered his hospitality to the three men.

of course, survival was the top priority. but, what harm could it do to be nice? they were all fighting the same battle, against the same biters.

what would they lose?

--

a week passed with the three strangers living under their roof. everything was going smoothly, and the boys were easily able to form relationships with each other.

the full group decided to make some toasts to their survival so far. it was nighttime and the wind outside was chill. no biters were heard, at the moment, and luckily, there was a shelf full of alcohol in the kitchen.

"taemin, get some glasses and please stop dancing. it's honestly suffering." jimin playfully rolled his eyes as he talked to his friend.

of course, he could watch taemin dance all night long. he was just that good. if anyone could dance to any tune, or no tune at all, it was taemin.

taemin stopped spinning, "fine. jackson, come help me since my best friend thinks i'm a terrible dancer."

taemin ruffled jimin's hair as he walked past him to the kitchen, jackson following with a smile.