Chapter 11

I was currently at the warrior institution seeing a few people for medical check-ups. The young girl who jumped in front of me was here to see me.

"I remember you, my little hero." I said, smiling at her. She smiled back but she seemed shy.

"I didn't want Dane to hurt you, I'm sorry if I ended up in your way." She murmured, sitting on the seat in front of me.

"Don't worry about a thing. He has every right to be upset with me. But I appreciate you coming to my rescue. Now, may I ask what your name is?" I asked.

"It's Lucy." She whispered, fondling her hands in her lap.

"That's a pretty name. How old are you?"

"I'm ten, almost eleven." She murmured.

Around the same age as Dimitri.

"And what brings you here today?" I asked.

"My arms are feeling numb and they look weird." She answered.

"Do you mind if I take a look?" I asked.

She nodded and rolled her sleeves up. I let out a gasp to the sight of her arms. The veins in her arms were black and they were very noticeable.

"So it just feels numb? No pain?" I asked, as a gently ran my fingers across it.

"Sometimes it stings a little but now the tips of my fingers are always numb." She explained.

"Anywhere else feeling numb?"

She shook her head and watched me examine her arms.

Thanks to Sohma's memories, I can see how he treated me when I was unwell like this. Unfortunately, it means a booster shot.

"Okay Lucy, would you mind if I do a full body examination? Don't worry, it won't hurt. I just want to see if there are any more spots like this on you." I explained.

"Okay."

She stripped down but I gave her a blanket to cover up what I didn't need to see. Her back had small markings but not as much on her arms. But something that caught my eye was a very deep scar on the back of her shoulder that looked like a symbol of some sorts.

"Can I ask what this mark is on your back?" I asked, as I gently ran my fingers across it. She flinched and I quickly pulled my hand away.

"It's our brand. We all get them when we are recruited." She murmured.

Disgusting.

"Did this happen before you were transformed?" I asked.

"That's what they did originally but it didn't work because our powers would heal it. So they branded us with hot iron and they found if they held it long enough that not even our powers would make it go away. So it's here forever." Lucy explained.

I didn't know what to say to that so I continued with the examination. Her neck seemed fine and so did the rest of her body. I noticed on the back of her head the roots of her hair were white.

"Did you know your hair is a little white?" I asked, as I sat in front of her.

"Someone mentioned it but I was kinda already expecting it." She answered.

"I see. Well good thing is that there isn't any more visible markings elsewhere that I can see. Can I have a look in your mouth and eyes?" I asked.

She nodded and opened her mouth. Everything seemed fine until I looked in her eyes. She had black veins around her eyes but they didn't seem too bad.