Chapter 2

We finally arrived at Marley and it was so much more different than to Paradis. Definitely much more advanced with transportation and other things.

Ava managed to sneak us off successfully and we laid low for a while. It was difficult because of Lilliana being fussy and needing so many things. We were literally homeless.

"I'm back to this again..." Dimitri murmured, as he ripped a piece of bread in half that Ava managed to swipe.

Dimitri handed me half of the loaf.

"You eat it. It's all yours." I insisted.

"You should eat it. You can't make milk for Lily if you're starving yourself." Dimitri pointed out.

He has a point. He's pretty smart.

"Alright, thank you. I promise that once we're stable and have money, I'll treat you to all sorts of delicious cuisines." I explained.

Dimitri smiled and nodded his head.

Ava slid her back down the wall as she took a deep breath.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm just tired." Ava replied, closing her eyes.

"I have a plan. Once we reach the Internment zone, all of you will act as my children, including you Ava." I explained.

"Huh?! Why do I have to act like your kid?!" Ava questioned, as her jaw dropped.

"It'll lower their suspicions. Besides, your black hair will go with Lilliana's. Dimitri's hair will be similar to mine so we look like a family." I explained.

"That's stupid. And what name are you going to go by?" Ava wondered.

"I can't go by Yeager or they'll know who I'm related to. I can't use my mother's maiden name either because they'll immediately know I'm royal blood. I can't use my married name or they'll know I have a connection to Levi. I guess I'll use Uncle's name. Zaki." I explained.

"Alright. I guess it'll work a little. But you don't even look old enough to be my mother..." Ava pointed out.

"You don't look old enough to be fourteen either. Just lie about your age and say you're twelve." I suggested, grinning.

"T-Twelve?! Are you kidding me?!"

Dimitri covered his mouth and laughed.

"It'll work out fine. You three will be siblings. And once I'm able to infiltrate the Military, I'll find your brothers and let them know you're safe." I explained.

"Hey Ava, what is your last name anyway?" Dimitri asked.

Oh yeah, she never ended up telling me in the end.

"My last name is Watson. Ava Watson. My brothers names are Benjamin and Nicholas. My name Ava is actually short for something else." Ava explained.

"What is it?" Dimitri wondered.

"My name is Avalyn." She replied.

"That's a beautiful name. It means beautiful bird, right?" I wondered.

She nodded her head.

"Yeah, I was lucky to be blessed with such an awesome name." Ava boasted.

"It's pretty. It suits you, Avalyn." Dimitri complimented.

Ava quickly blushed and her expression changed to embarrassment.

"Just call me Ava..." Ava muttered, as she covered her face.