Chapter 6

Grandpa and I arrived at the clinic and it was certainly different to the hospitals on the island. Much more advanced. We went in and Grandpa introduced me to a few people and I introduced myself as Zaki. I know nobody would know any Ackerman's but just to be sure I'll just use my maiden name. For Levi's protection.

They interviewed me and they seemed pretty happy with me so they offered me a position. It wasn't much to start off with but they said if they like what they see then they'll consider promoting me and they even said that I might even be able to work at the hospital since a war has been going on for about a year now.

Apparently after the Marley's enemies found out that they lost the Armoured and Female titans and a few warrior titans they decided to announce war so there's been a war going on since. It didn't seem to be letting up anytime soon.

A few weeks after I started work, Dimitri wanted to come to work with me since he wanted to get out of the house so he accompanied me with Lilliana.

Ava decided to stay back since she didn't feel comfortable going out on her own yet. I haven't seen much of Zeke since he's had to be sent off to fight occasionally. Apparently since getting the Jaw titan back they quickly chose a candidate so as of now they have the Beast titan, Cart titan and Jaw titan on their side.

I heard a rumour that there was another titan but that remained in secret and not a lot was said about it.

"Hey Zaki, would you mind having a look at a few of these kids? They're here for some routine check-ups. Mind doing so?" A doctor walked over with a few kids standing behind him.

"Yeah of course." I replied.

The doctor turned and walked out.

These kids looked really young. They were wearing Marley uniforms and they had yellow armbands. Which means they're candidates to one day inherit the titans.

"Alright then. It's nice to meet you. I'm Doctor Zaki." I greeted.

"It's nice to meet you! I'm Gabi!" The cheerful girl greeted, with a grin on her face.

"I'm Udo! This is Zofia and over there is Falco." The young boy with glasses introduced.

"These are my children, Dimitri and Lilliana." I introduced.

Gabi's eyes lit up as she turned her gaze to Lily.

"Aww! She's so adorable!" She skipped over and was smiling at Lilliana. She appeared to like her too since she was smiling.

Gabi gently held her hands and was making cute sounds to make her smile.

Dimitri was staring at Gabi as if he were annoyed. Probably because she just straight up ignored him.

"Alright, shall we get started on these check-ups? Let's start alphabetically. Who's first?" I asked, looking at the charts.

"Me! My last name is Braun so I'm first!" Gabi yelled.

"Alright then please have a seat."

Wait... her last name is Braun? As in Reiner Braun?

"Is something the matter?" Gabi asked.

"Oh nothing. Your last time just sounded familiar." I answered.

"Well that's no surprise. I am related to the most awesome warrior in the world!" Gabi cheered.

"Hm?"

"Reiner is her older cousin. You know, the Armoured titan?" Udo stated.

"Oh yes, of course. You sound pretty proud of him." I mentioned.