Chapter 5

"So why did you come back to Marley?" Zeke asked.

"To save my people." I immediately answered.

"Save them? The Eldians?"

"Not just them. But everyone from the artificial titan program. I heard a lot from Ava and she explained how only children were suitable to wield the warrior titans. Anyone older would just lose control. She explained how they were doing horrid experiments on them to push their limits. How if any of them lost control they're instantly killed. I know firsthand how painful and difficult this power is, and I don't want more children to suffer the same fate." I explained.

"I see. It sounds like you have the same ideals of our parents in your head. You sound just like our dad." Zeke pointed out.

"You're wrong. There's one thing that you're wrong about. I'm not going to neglect my children and put my beliefs above them. And I'm certainly not going to use them like you were used." I stated, which made Zeke's eyes widen.

"You remember?"

"I don't personally remember much, but I was able to see into Sohma's memories and I saw how dad mistreated you... I remember seeing you cry a lot. I also remember you told Sohma how you wanted to see the world with me." I mentioned, smiling.

Zeke quickly turned his head away to hide his face.

"Wow did I really say that? That was so long ago." Zeke muttered, scratching his head.

Talking to him like this almost made me forget what happened a year ago. It was nice.

"And how are things on the Island after our little battle?" Zeke asked, as he put his hands in his pockets.

"Better now no thanks to you." I scolded, furrowing my eyebrows at him.

"Oh please don't be mad. I didn't even know it was you. I was just ordered to retrieve the Founder and the rogue warrior titan any means necessary." Zeke waved his hands apologetically but his tone sounded slightly sarcastic.

"Yeah I know why. You did what you were ordered to. It's not like I can hate you for doing what you're told. But you did kill so many of my comrades so I'm still angry." I snapped.

"Obviously. But then again that's exactly why us Eldians are so hated in the first place. What our ancestors did many years ago is still crushed upon our lives and we are made to atone for the things we didn't do. But not anymore, I'm not going to let our people suffer." Zeke explained.

His words surprised me.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"You just explained how you wanted to save the children from the warrior program? Well I want to save all the Eldians. I'll ensure that our people will no longer suffer and eventually we'll wipe the world of titans away." Zeke explained.

"Wait, really? Are you serious?" I wondered, with my jaw dropped.

"Of course. Besides, I think it's for the best if there aren't any more titans in the world. I don't just mean mindless ones either." Zeke explained.

"How do you propose we do that?" I wondered.

"I'll explain it more in the future. I don't want to give away my whole plan at once, now do I? (y/n)... You and I can save the world together. What do you say?" Zeke held his hand out to me and smiled.

Should I trust him? He'd have no reason to lie. We have the same ideals so many it's worth working with me for the time being. I won't trust him fully, I'll definitely have my guard up, but I guess we can work together for now.