Chapter 6: I Want to Be Able to Tell the Time Too

Start from the beginning

However, this is also the same kid that invented magic torpedo, and from what he heard from his colleagues at Shipbuilding and Engineering Departments, it is a very deadly weapon. What motivated a kid like him to create something that dangerous? At the same time, Grisha was kind of scared of Meteos.

The silver-haired boy seemed to notice him staring through the mirror and asked, "What's the matter, Professor?"

"Ah, n-no, nothing. How's your school, Meteos?"

"Actually, it's easy. It's so boring, though." He answered absentmindedly as he glanced outside.

Grisha turned at Robin seated beside him with a questioning look.

"You should see his grades. He aced every subject and even teaching other students. That's why I often brought him as assistant. He's even smarter than my students, I swear, and I teach college students."

"I see..."

'Well... at least he takes his studies seriously. And teaching other students? That's very kind of him.'

"I heard from Robin that you're planning to take the equivalency exam to skip high school, is that true?"

"Yeah, I wanted to be an engineer as soon as possible, but I'm not comfortable leaving Walman and Nadia behind, so I hope they're good enough."

'He also cares for his friends...'

Grisha nodded, and the three of them continued their journey in silence after that.

-----------------------

The same day, 10:00

Runepolis Bay

Runepolis, the capital city of the Holy Milishial Empire, the strongest country in the world, is a city befitting its status as the very center of the world. Lined with skyscrapers built with magical technology, the city even shines at nighttime thanks to the usage of light magic, and the cars fueled by liquid magic stones roamed its streets. Also, the air is very clean for a metropolis, not unlike rural areas or the mountains since the magical technology used to develop the city, and the rest of the country, did not expel any waste. This is the city where the wealth of the world is gathered.

Entering the bay of the city was a sail ship flying a red flag with two black dragons spewing fire in the middle. Passing through other ships docked in the harbor, the ship proceeded to the designated place for Third Civilization ships located further up the great river.

On board the ship, a young teenager with blonde hair tied in a short ponytail was looking at the city with starry eyes. After two weeks of voyage, they finally arrived at Runepolis. He's been a good boy, helping his father by working in the store diligently, and as his birthday present, he wanted to accompany his father to Milishial on the next voyage.

"Amazing! This is so different from Esthirant! Ooh, what are those? Horseless carriages!? And look at that building! It's so tall! And that ship! I'm so going to brag to Elto about this!" The boy exclaimed.

As the ship finished mooring on the dock and the crew began to unload its cargo, the boy's father called out to him.

"Kaios! Let's go."

"Yes, father!"

The father and son walked down the ramp towards the dock. Their clothing, which the Earthlings would notice the similarities to those worn by people in what they call "Napoleonic era", will drawn some curious looks were this happen in their planet, "Earth". But in Runepolis, where everyone from both civilized and outside civilization area gathers, this is a normal sight.