( 𝟎𝟑𝟒 ) the barrier

Start from the beginning

Isaac had ended up getting Scott and Stiles the tickets for the rave, and Lexi had asked how he got them, but the boys neglected to tell her, meaning that they clearly didn't buy them, but either way, it meant that Lexi didn't have to worry about finding two more tickets for them anymore, which she had been asking around for even during lessons as well as their breaks, but overall, she was just glad they all had a ticket each, and Lydia hadn't even thought about going to the rave because it wasn't her scene, so she wouldn't see her sister there. After school, Lexi didn't waste any time in jumping in Stiles' jeep and heading towards the vets to talk to Deaton and find out exactly what the plan was for tonight, since they wanted to do everything in order to keep Jackson alive and keep Derek from killing him because it was the easier option. The last time Lexi came here, she was told that she was an Empath, the news changing her life completely, the small building bringing her that sense of change whenever she saw it from now on.

The girl stood besides Stiles as Deaton started going through the plan, after the girl had been told she was going to the rave merely to give callouts in case anyone got hurt, like the medic of the pack, even when she didn't want to be. Although, she didn't mind, because now, she didn't have to do any of the dirty work to get Jackson out of that place; when Deaton held up Ketamine, Lexi didn't know how to feel about it, especially since they were putting him to sleep like some kind of dog, but at the same time, it needed to be done. "If you can get close enough to Jackson, it should slow him down enough to buy you some time." Deaton explained, handing the Ketamine to Scott as he anxiously took it, "This is some of what you'll use to create a barrier. This part is for you two, Stiles and Lexi. Only you two." He carried on saying, the two teens in question glancing at each other in confusion, not knowing why the job was only for the two of them.

"That sounds like a lot of pressure." Stiles spoke up, Lexi nodding in agreement; not only did she now have the task at concentrating on everyone's wellbeing and if they were hurt, but now she had to help Stiles create this 'barrier', with that black powder she had no clue even was. "Lexi'll be good with that, can we find a slightly less pressure-filled task for me?" He went on to ask, knowing that he would for sure, mess something up because he was Stiles.

"It's from the mountain ash tree, which is believed by many cultures to protect against the supernatural. This office is lined with ash wood, making it difficult for someone like Scott to cause any trouble, or for someone like Lexi, to know what is happening to their pack outside of this building." Deaton explained, Lexi raising a brow as he had never told her that before; she gathered that what he was saying, was that the girl needed to be inside of the circle so she could concentrate on the others, and helping Stiles at the same time.

"Okay, so then what? We just spread this around the whole building and then either Jackson or whoever's controlling him can't cross it?" Stiles asked, trying to make sense of this whole thing.

"They'll be trapped." Deaton nodded, then looking towards Lexi, who was concentrating hard on what the man was saying to them all. "You're very different to people like Scott, or Jackson. You still have your powers inside of mountain ash, but you can't cross it, and if you're outside of the ring when Stiles finishes the barrier, you won't be able to feel what the rest of the pack are going through, which is why you have to be careful, making sure you're inside when Stiles' finishes the barrier." He explained, Lexi nodding slowly as she tried to remember everything he was saying. All she had to do was be inside of the barrier when Stiles finishes it.. It shouldn't be too hard.

"Doesn't sound too hard." Scott then spoke up, basically reading Lexi's mind.

But then Deaton revealed that Stiles had to believe the powder worked for it to actually work, meaning that he had to activate the barrier himself.. How could this plan go wrong?