( 𝟎𝟑𝟒 ) the barrier

Start from the beginning

"I mean.. I have the money for two more tickets, if you two can find people willing to sell theirs." Lexi suggested, glad that at least her fathers money brought them some good in this world. Normally, she wouldn't like using it, only doing so when she had to, but giving it to Stiles and Scott seemed like a good way to use it, too, and she would be more than happy to hand it over to them.

Before the boys could answer, Matt came walking up to them, with an almost annoyed look on his face as he looked at them all, "Hey, do any of you know why no one's getting suspended after what happened the other day at school?" He asked, not knowing why no one got in trouble after what happened during detention. Lexi hadn't even thought about Matt since the incident, since Erica had had a seizure and Jackson escaped, Matt was the literal last thing on any of their minds, and they had literally forgotten about him until now.

"Just forget about it. Nobody got hurt." Stiles said, not even bothering to be kind to the boy — Lexi knew that he didn't like Matt, since he constantly told everyone around him, and she understood why he didn't, but that didn't mean he was evil, he was just annoying, and even Lexi didn't like him that much.

"I had a concussion." Matt stated, shaking his head in disbelief.

"Well, nobody got seriously hurt." Stiles added, rolling his eyes at Matt's words, because his problem was the least of theirs..

"I was in the ER for six hours." Matt said, face full of disbelief.

"Hey, do you want to know the truth, Matt?" Stiles asked, growing more annoyed at Matt as the seconds went by, "Your little bump on the head is about this high on our list of problems right now." He said, crouching down to the ground to show him that none of them really cared about his concussion, even Lexi, who felt bad about it, but with the upcoming plan, she just couldn't help but agree with Stiles, even if he had said it in the wrong way.

"Sorry, Matt. Are you okay, now?" Lexi asked the boy, pushing Stiles back gently and giving him a 'really' look. She may not like the boy, but she didn't exactly want to be harsh to him, either.

"Yeah, I'm fine now." Matt said, looking at Stiles with a strange look before looking back at Lexi again, "Did you manage to get tickets last night? I saw you in the line." He asked, remembering a lock of ginger hair at the very front of the line, grabbing a ticket before Scott had even showed up, asking to borrow money.

Lexi nodded as Stiles rolled his eyes from behind her, not liking that Matt was talking directly to her, "Yeah, I managed to get one, I need two more, though. You know anyone?" She asked, knowing that Matt would probably know more about people selling their tickets online, since Stiles had told her the wrong amount.

Matt put two and two together, looking at Scott, "So you didn't get one last night, either?" He asked the boy, knowing that Scott couldn't have rounded up eighty dollars to get a ticket, he had to use the Martin girl. When Scott shook his head, he looked back at Lexi, "I got mine online, you should ask around, though. I'm sure some people are selling theirs. You should keep trying, it sounds like everyone's going to be there." He said, before eventually walking away from the trio, Stiles glaring at his back as he finally left them alone.

"I hate him." Stiles stated, as Lexi slapped him on the arm.

"Stop being mean." The girl told him, pulling her bag back up to her shoulder, "I'm gonna go and ask around for some tickets, let me know if you find anyone." Lexi told the two boys, leaning in to give Stiles a peck on the cheek, before smiling at him and walking towards the school, leaving Stiles blushing yet again, the girl always having that effect on him, Scott even smiled at the interaction, still not getting over how happy his best friend was. And just with one little interaction, the boy was stuttering on his words again.