54. The second side

Serena POV

I woke up, feeling my head spinning. I slowly looked around, seeing a dark room with a barricaded windows and only one door leading in. There was a lot of garbage. I could even see sharp glass reflecting. I was about to stand up, but I felt my hands were tied behind me to the chair with someone else.

"You are awake." spoke a female voice and I turned my head to the direction, but nobody was there. "Satoshi... don't pretend." I turned my head again looking into the direction, but nothing. But what I saw were the the brown hair behind me.

"Hgrr..." Ash grunted behind me and I snapped my head around, but I accidentally hit my forehead with his. "Ouch, you ok Serena?" Ash voice calmed me down for a moment.

"Y-yeah I think I am. What about you?" I asked back.

I felt his movements and I could tell he was looking around. "Yeah I am fine, but I don't see Bonnie, Clemont or Korrina or our pokemon." his movements didn't stop. He seemed to look for something.

"What is happening Ash?"

"HE IS SATOSHI!" suddenly a female voice yelled in anger. I flinched at this suddenly. 

"Ummm sorry, it is hard for m-s these days." spoke this time the calmer voice. There were two women here.

"What do you want? I have no idea what now!" Ash yelled as he yelled into the room. I heard this time a small steps.

I looked there and from the shadows, I could make out a older girl with long purple hair and green eye, the rest of her hair covering the other. I noticed how her hair were messy and clothing torn or dirty. "I need your help Satoshi." it was the calmer one.

"H-Hrist?" I turned my head around trying to get look at Ash. "I heard you were missing..." Ash trailed off, confusing me even more.

They knew each other and both women were calling him Satoshi. 'But what is happening? Ash doesn't see her as enemy but yet she was probably the one who gassed us on the road and tied us here.'

"Yeah, yeah, I didn't know who to trust. M-M-madam would think of me as weak... Jack is too clumsy a-and I knew you would understand me.... after Alex died." 

This cought my complete focus. It was the same name as the boy I saw in Ash's nightmares.

"Is Alex the same one from your nightmares Ash?" I whispered which made Ash freeze and look at me for a moment. It looked like he forgot I was there.

"I envy you Satoshi... I couldn't be there for him... he was such a nice boy." her hair suddenly waved to other side, revealing a yellow eye. "WHY DID HE HAD TO SHOOT!"

This made me freeze even more. There were never two women with us, it was only her. But she sounded like two persons on each side. My eyes roamed to Ash, but he was conflicted and I didn't know what would it mean. Mourning? Surprise?

"But it is what I told you that time. I had to kill, yet I knew at the same time I wanted to kill him. You would do the same, wouldn't you?" she said with her calmer side and walked closer. I looked at Ash, awaiting for him to answer.

For the entire time I knew Ash, he was kind, friendly. He would help anyone that need it. When I needed to be comforted, he would be there. When we were in danger, he would come in running, do his best. But then there was his other side, when he would face an evil. When he saved me from man that day with Miette, he punched the man until I stopped him and I still wonder if he would ever stop if I didn't stop him. And Slash was someone completely different and yet same as Ash.

"Don't be so quiet Satoshi. If it is that you don't want her to hear, I am pretty sure she wants to hear it. Am I right?" this was first time she spoke to me directly without yelling. When I looked into her eye, I could see it would shake but her yellow eye was set on me. "You like to know things about Satoshi? I am sure you would like to even know about how we know each other."