16

I turned and Pepa said, "He is what?"

Antonio walked over ot me and Pepa said, "Antonio... explain what I jsut overheard..."

Antonio sighs and we walk down the stairs to her level befoer Antonio says, "I, I was already dating a girl named Sophia when I started dating Atlas... I have not told Sophia... and Atlas just found out..."

The thunder got accompanied by wind as I say, "well you might as well tell ehr now Antonio..."

He sighs and syas, "and Sophia is about a month pregnant..."

Pepa's eyes widened befoer she says, "you are very lucky, that your a grown man or I swear Antonio you'd be dead..."

Antonio glanced at me and I jsut cross my arms befoer Pepa says, "but that doesn't mean I can't still mother you..."

Then she grabbed him by the ear pulling him into the hallway.

I shook my head and walked around to my room but I don't go in instead I leaned on the handrail.

I stood there for a minute before I heard, "Penny for your thoughts?"

I looked over to see Camilo before saying, "hmmm... how do I say I helped you brother cheat on someone unknowingly? Now I fell like a crappy person..."

Camilo fell silent and looked at me befoer asking, "who?"

"His one month pregnant girlfriend... Sophia..." I reply putting my head in my hands

Camilo was silent beofer he says quietly, "Atlas... this- this is not your fault... this is all Antonio... no one knew..."

I lean back and say, "I know that but it doesn't make me feel any better... Sophia will be absolutely crushed if she finds out..."

Camilo put his hadn on my back before I crying, "why does this keep happening? It feels like my life starts to get to a stable pool adn then everything falls apart... I got sick and nothing's had been the same since then, Roza attacked me and I was in a coma for a week, and now I found out the man I love is cheating on his pregnant girlfriend with me..."

Camilo sighs and says, "that's actually why Antonio was glaring at me earlier... I caught him and Sophia talking outside her house. Her parents don't know that she's pregnant... and I overhear some of conversation that it was Antonio's... so I hid and I saw them kiss before Antonio left... Antonio and I got into an argument about it... so when you woke up and I saw him being all lovey with you I interrupted with asking you two to come to breakfast. I've been trying to intevene all day... I guess I still didn't stop you from getting hurt..."

I wipe my eyes before hugging Camilo. He hugs me tightly an when I back up I said softly, "thank you Camilo... a tleas t you tried... o guess it was better if heard it from Antonio anyways..."

He nods and I look over ot see Antonio arguing with Felix, Pepa, Agustin, and Julieta. Bruno was standing there but he didn't have anything to say. He was glancing at me,

I shook my head before asking, "did Katrina actually leave on ehr own?"

Camilo shakes his head no, "no, Katrina was getting tired of the family drama, but to be quite honest I am too... so I asked her to leave... I sent her to live with ehr parent.s.. she would never separate Grace and I without serious cause..."

I shook my head before laughing and attempting to wipe of his poncho, "I got your poncho all wet..."

He laughs and says. "it's alright it wouldn't be the first time... Grace mysteriously stains this thing all the time..."

I nod before he put his hand on my back leading me into my room. He asked me if I needed anything and I jsut shook my ad so he left me alone. I walked over to my dresser pushing it to the side befoer running my fingers o the ticks int eh wall. I would make a scratch in the wall every time I hit a really low place. The last one being when I got sick.

I sigh picking up a rock befoer add two scrat h marks to the wall. One for Rosa attacking me, and the other for now.

I sat down and hugged my knees looking at the wall for moment. Then I stood and pushed the dresser back into place. I picked up teh bouquet that Antonio had gotten me before I three it off the cliff and screamed at. Top of. Y lungs at I cried.

My room is sound proofed. No one would hear me. I sank to my knees and doubled I holding my face in my hands.

Bruno came into my room shortly after this and his eyes widened and he ran over crouching next to me. He put his hand on my back and says softly, "Atlas?!"

I sniffled and looked at him, "you promised me I'd be happy..."

He held me and said, "I know Atlas, I know... And you will be... just not with who we thought..."

Bruno pulled me away from the edge of the platform before sitting in the floor letting me sit next to him and put my head in his shoulder. Then I say quietly, "I don't know what to do Papa... I still love Antonio... but I c;an;t be with him... he;s got a girlfriend and a baby in the way!"

Bruno nods before saying, "Do you love Antonio, or do you love the idea of feeling safe and warm with someone again?"

I fell silent befoer syaing, "the honest answer would be both..."

Bruno nods before saying, "what about Deigo? He seems nice?"

"Diego is obsessed with me... he doesn't love me... he loves my looks..." I hesitated before felt groaning, "I just said that infront of my papa..."

Bruno chuckles before saying, "it's ok... it's probably true anyways... well in that case Atlas... I can try to find s=you someone..."

"No... stop trying to find me someone! I would rather try to find them myself..." I reply

Bruno sighs and nods before saying, "I heard you kids were going to put on a show for el Día de los Muertos..."

I nod befoer saying, "Camilo and I are planning choreography after everyone leaves... and we're not kids anymore papa..."

He nods befoer syaing, "I know that, Julieta, Pepa, and I still call you guys the I though sicne it's easier then listing everyone by name..."

I gxhuckle and nod, standing up before ehlpign Bruno ups dn saying, "I need to go around and ask who all's participating anyways..."

Bruno nods and he leaves. I grab a clipboard, taking a deep breath. Then I wrote down my name and Camilo's name.