6

I could see Bruno, Julieta, and Pepa off to the side talking. I walked around that way I was over where they were before hiding next to a plant.

"What are we going to do with her?" Pepa asks

Bruno sighed before saying, "I don't know... but at the moment we need to step back... I know her not using her gift now means that her connection to the Casita is fading... but I fear if we keep pressuring her we're going to loose her... she's angry and she's hurt... but I think her talking to Antonia is a good thing... I think we just need to start putting them in more situations where they have to talk or work together..."

I shook my head befoer I felt someone sit next to me. It was Antonio. I glance at him before looking back at them as Julieta started to speak, "I think that's a good idea Bruno, but we have something else ot consider, how will everyone else react to Antonio and Atlas's relationship?"

All three of them sigh before Pepa says, "I worry about what Rosa will say... you know she's going to bully Atlas even more after this..."

Julieta sighs and looks towards Rosa who was flirting with Deigo. Deigo was flirting back but I could tell he was just doing it to be nice. His heart was set on me. I sit back taking Antonia's hand. He squeezes my hand gently, before rubbing the back of my hand with his thumb.

Julieta then said, "I don't think there's much we can do about that... we'll just have to let the kids sort out their differences... everyone will eventually come to terms with it... there's only so much we can do without making it worse,"

Bruno and Pepa nod in agreement before Julieta put her hand on Bruno's arm, saying, "she'll be ok Bruno..."

Bruno nodded, giving her a thankful look before they all went their separate ways.

I take a deep breath before Antonia stands and holds out his hand. I take his hand and he pulls me to my feet. Then he says, "Don't let them get to you, Atlas..."

I nod gently befoer he says, "what did you want to show me?"

I take him back to my room before saying, "I wanted to show you what I see... what I feel... why I wanted to stop using my gift.."

He nods before i found a marigold flower in the bouquet, I take it before focusing on it. It begins to glow and I smiled before looking at Antonio. He nods so I pinned it to his shirt. He blinked a few times befoer looking around. He could see the spirits that were lingering in my room. My mother, Abuelo, and some other various people that I didn't really know, were lingering in my room. Antonio instinctively took my h hand and I gave him a sad smile, squeezing his hand. Then I said, "I would like to take you to see the land of the dead... like I took Camilo... but we should probably go another time..."

He nods before saying, "your room is so much brighter through your eyes... usually your room looks so dark and gloomy... but this is much better..."

I laugh and say,"I'll take that as a compliment..."

I went to take the marigold flower but he put his hand over it, shielding it from me, "no... not yet... I want to experience your gift.. .for a day..."

I blush and nod hesitantly.

He smiles and nods and I felt something rub it's head against my leg. I looked down to find Antonio's leopard had made it;s way inside and was curled around Antonia and I, rubbing it;s head against my keg and purring. I smiled and pet her. Antonia jsut watched with a warm smile on his face. Then we heard Pepa's voice calling, "Lunch is ready!"