TWO: THE GIRL IN THE WOODS

("The Vanishing of Will Byers" II; "The Weirdo on Maple Street" I)

PENNY SAT IN FRONT OF THE TV, EATING A LEFTOVER PIECE OF PEPPERONI PIZZA. She sat in silence, for a long time. Just before she was about to take the last bite of her pizza, the phone rang. She placed her meal back on a plate and went to pick up the phone. She grabbed it and placed it on her ear. "Hello?"

"Hey, Pen. I need you to get to my house. I don't know if you heard, but they're having a search party for Will. I don't want to go alone, but you need to hurry, before my mom or Dustin finds out I'm leaving." Just as soon as Frank called her, he hung up.

She put the phone back, grabbed her brown corduroy jacket, and ran out the door. She hopped on her bike and rode to the Henderson's. Once there, she ran to the backyard–where she assumed Frank would be.

Her assumption was right. Frank Henderson was sitting on the grass, with two flashlights and a backpack beside him, wearing a black bomber jacket, a dark striped multi colored button down shirt (that happened to be open), a white t-shirt, a pair of light wash jeans that he cuffed, and grey converse. The boy was currently taking a bite of an Oreo.

Penny wrapped her arms around herself, to keep warm and walked up to him.

"Hey," he coughed, due to nearly choking on the Oreo.

"Easy there, Frankie," Penny teased. She put a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

Frank smiled at the girl and got up to dispose of his empty oreo box. When he came back, he crouched down and gave Penny a flashlight.

Penny said a quiet thank you, to the boy, as he grabbed the other flashlight and his backpack. They started their journey, walking to where the search party would be, unaware of the future event.

"Where is everyone?" Penny questioned moving her flashlight around the forest, wishing her jacket had a hood.. She wished her jacket had a hood, as rain poured down from above.The two had been walking for a while.

"I don't know," Frank truthfully answered. "I should have brought my umbrella."

Penny whined at his statement. She wished he did so she wouldn't be soaking wet.

"Hey, did you hear that?" Frank asked, grabbing Penny's arm to stop her. She nodded, with wide eyes and her mouth slightly open.

"Who's there?!" Frank shouted.

He looked at Penny and the two of them followed the voices. They walked through the woods and spotted three, familiar young boys.

"Boys!" Penny yelled trying to get their attention. The three boys looked behind them and saw the two teens.