6

Olivia's POV

I sighed looking in the mirror as I ran my hands through my freshly straightened hair, my fingers grabbing for my mascara as I applied another coat to my lashes finally feeling satisfied with my appearance. I grabbed my perfume—a bottle of Tommy Girl that I had received for graduation and nine years later still haven't even used half of—spraying a small amount on my wrist. I grabbed my phone looking at the time to see that it was already five a small sigh leaving my lips as I couldn't help but think that right now I would be getting ready for Austin's concert, my outfit for work tonight heavily showing this. It wasn't typical for me to go to work in a form fitting black crop top with high rise jeans and vans, but I guess I was still in concert mode.

I shut the light off to my small bathroom of my basement apartment, my feet carrying me the few steps down the hallway to the kitchen—that was really only a refrigerator, sink, range top and microwave—grabbing my purse from the hook on the wall and my keys for my 2017 Ford Escape. I opened the heavy door to the basement letting it fall closed behind me as I pressed the lock button on the keypad before walking up the stairs and down the steep driveway to my car. I reached out grabbing the black handle pulling it towards me when I heard my name being called from down the road, my head spinning in their direction as I smiled at my friendly middle aged neighbor walking towards me with her dog.

"Hey Liv, you on your way to that concert of that guy you love? You know the one that lives up by the canyon" she said with a laugh pointing somewhere behind her as I felt my face turn red.

"Post Malone" I said with a laugh, my hand leaving the door as I pushed my hair behind my ear as I looked up at her shaking my head. "But no, unfortunately I have to work tonight" I said, her face falling as she gave me a sympathetic look, a nervous laugh leaving my body as I swallowed hard. "It's really okay, I spent the last week and a half following him" I said rolling my eyes realizing how obsessed with him it made me sound.

"Well that sounds exciting. Reminds me of my youth, those were the days" she said looking off into the sky with a dreamy look in her eyes as I gave my best friendly laugh.

"Well I have to get to work, it was nice to talk to you Mrs. Matthews, have a good night" I said with a friendly smile as I hurriedly got into the car both to escape the long winded story of her youth but also to escape my still lingering thoughts of one of the best nights I have ever had with the only guy I have ever felt a real connection too.

I started the engine and pushed the button for the radio as Austin's voice immediately invaded my ears. I let my head fall back against the headrest as my eyes fell closed, both of my hands coming up to my hair as I ran them halfway through it before letting out a sigh. I turned the volume all the way down as I put the car in drive and started my short commute to the bar. I hadn't stopped thinking about Austin since he left me last night at the hotel, my mind a mix of emotions for the last almost twenty four hours as I contemplated whether or not I made the right decision about letting him walk away from me that night. His lips, his touch, his voice all of it have been hopping through my mind like a school girl playing hopscotch and even though I knew I should get rid of him—it was never my thing to be involved with unavailable men—I could never let him go for longer than 10 minutes and then he popped right back into my thoughts again.

There was no doubt in my mind that there was chemistry between us and I mean real chemistry, not the faked kind that a player was really good at bringing to the surface to get what they wanted. I could feel it when his fingertips gently grazed my skin, hear it in his voice when he talked to me, see it in his perfect blue eyes when he stared at me and definitely feel it on his lips when he kissed me. He was everything I wanted, he was confident and cocky but still sweet and gentle, he was perfect and I felt like we had so much in common. But like with most things in my life, it just didn't work out and now I was just left with nothing but a memory of an amazing night.