Chapter 8: Judgement

Callie felt several taps on her shoulder.

She cracked open her eyes and raised her head.

Eli was squatting beside her, hidden in the corner's shadow.

He grinned.

"Hey!" he said.

Callie's mouth twitched up.

"Hey," she mumbled.

"You feeling alright?" he asked.

She nodded.

"Just tired. As usual," she mumbled.

"Excellent! Hey, uh, by the way, you really gave our dads a good punch! Haha M'lady had to find them and wake them up! Although she didn't do that very nicely," Eli stated.

He saw Cal's green-brown orbs just blink and her short, black brows furrow.

He rolled his eyes.

"Fine. You really packed a punch against the Guild Master and his Assistant," he corrected.

She nodded.

Her eyes relaxed.

"Anyways, they're both awake and in the office. As is everyone else. Ready?" He extended his right, gloved hand.

Cal's eyes silently swirled with excitement and nervousness.

Nonetheless, she reached out her long, pale, delicate digits.

They shook as she grabbed his wrist. Immediately he wrapped his hand around her wrist.

Eli stood up, pulling his best friend in the process.

He looked into her hood with a reassuring grin.

"Don't worry. I don't think they're mad at you," he stated.

Her dull orbs widened.

'They aren't? I knocked them out without a second thought. After all, it was part of the test. I think. No, the goal was to find them. Perhaps I was supposed to actually fight them instead of shooting snakes in a barrel?'

The thoughts echoed in her head as he pulled her out of the shadows.

Upon seeing the office door, she began to tremble.

Her boots dug into the carpet and her gaze shifted to the ground.

Eli felt her hand shaking. He gave her wrist a gentle squeeze.

Callie's green-brown seas shot up to meet the lively green ones staring up into her hood.

He gave her another soft smile before opening the office door.

Master Sting and Assistant Rogue sat at their desks. The other four candidates stood in front of them. Carmine and Diamond were both patched. Emerald and Amethyst only had a few bandaids each.

"I found her!" Eli announced with a broad grin.

"Excellent! Thank you, Eleodoro," Rogue said.

The fourteen-year-old nodded as he and his best friend lined up with the others.

The Shadow Dragon Slayer silently glared at the Sun Mage until they let go.

Sting stood up.

"Very well. As you all know, Calypso Cheney was the first to find and knock us out."

"Tch. What kind of magic even was that?" Carmine snarled.

All eyes shifted to the Moon mage.

She froze in place.