𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮-𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT
"Payback"
——
*THIS CHAPTER IS ON JOSLYN'S SIDE OF THE STORY*

Joslyn was walking down the streets of Alexandria waving to Spencer who had just walked away from Rosita

Joslyn was walking down the streets of Alexandria waving to Spencer who had just walked away from Rosita. "Joslyn!" Denise calls out, grabbing Joslyn's attention. Joslyn walks over to Denise and Rosita. "I was wondering if you two would do something with me" Denise offers before Joslyn and Rosita look over at each other with a confused look. "I was thinking Daryl could come too" Denise states and Joslyn shrugs her shoulders. "I'm down for anything" Joslyn says as her, Rosita, and Denise walk together to find Daryl walking along the side walk.

"After I got out of DC, I just drove. I remember seeing it right when I realized I had no idea where I was going. Edison's Apothecary and Boutique. It's just this little gift shop in a strip mall, but if it's really an apothecary, they had drugs" Denise explains a run she wants to go with the 3 of them. "Do you know if this place has been looted?" Joslyn asks. "Yeah, How do you know they still got 'em?" Daryl asks backing up Joslyn as he looks over at her but she doesn't look over at him.

"It isn't that far and I just want to check. And you, Joslyn and Rosita are the only ones who aren't out scavenging or pulling shifts. I would ask Jane since she is really beautiful and um.. um very skilled. Sorry— you guys are too but Jane is you know, pregnant" Denise stutters and Joslyn chuckles and shakes her head slowly. "I'll go" Joslyn says and Denise let's out a sigh of relief as Daryl and Rosita agree to go as well.

"I wanted to check. I just wanted to help" Denise says as she looks around at the three of them. "How much time you spend out there?" Daryl asks and Denise swallows a lump in her throat. "Um.. none" Denise answers and Joslyn furrows her eyebrows.

"Then no". "I can ID the meds. I know how to use a machete now. I've seen roamers up close. I'm ready" Denise states and Joslyn tilts her head as she looks at Denise. "My father was a drug addict I think I can identify a couple of drugs when I see them" Joslyn argues and Denise sighs, "I just want to help" Denise demands and Joslyn looks over at Daryl. "She wants to help I say let her help. I don't think she should come but— it is her idea" Joslyn states and Rosita shakes her head. "I'll go alone, if I have to" Denise states and Joslyn scoffs.

"You'll die alone" Daryl states. "That's why Im asking you guys to make sure of that" Denise says and Rosita scoffs, "Well, one of you are coming because I'm not babysitting her by myself" Rosita declares and Joslyn shrugs her shoulders.

The four of them drive down the road in an old truck. Denise mentions that her brother taught her how to drive trucks like this when she was young. "Daryl" Rosita calls out and Joslyn and Daryl look ahead to see a fallen tree ahead of them. Joslyn, Daryl, and Rosita exit the truck, leaving Denise in there alone as they inspect the fallen tree seeing a dead walker under it. "This happened fast" Rosita declares. "Yeah, this tree rotted out" Joslyn says as she looks out, keeping her rifle in hand as Rosita kills the walker with her machete and finds some liquor bottles on the walker.