𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙞𝙭

CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX
"Disagreements"
——

Rick's group returns from the Hilltop

Rick's group returns from the Hilltop. Rick orders everyone to gather at the church, telling Carol, "We're gonna have to fight." At the church, Rick tells the community about the deal that Maggie struck with the Hilltop. "But they're not just giving this food away. These Saviors, they almost killed Sasha, Daryl, and Abraham on the road. Now, sooner or later, they would've found us, just like those wolves did, just like Jesus did. They woulda killed someone or some of us and then they would try to own us. And we would try to stop them. But by then in that kind of fight, low on food. We could lose. This is the only way to be sure, as sure as we can get, that we win. And we have to win" Rick rants and explains to everyone why they have to fight people like this.

Jane looks over at Joslyn who looks concentrated at the conversation going on and look determined to fight for this group in anyway she can. "Hey," Jane whispers quietly so she's not disturbing anyone. "Look" Jane says as she hands Joslyn the ultrasound picture. Joslyn looks down at the picture and her face lights up in admiration. "Oh my gosh. I'm so happy for you" Joslyn mumbles as her and Jane lock eyes. Joslyn grabs ahold of Jane's hand as she looks back down at the picture with excitement.

"If anybody objects, here's your chance to say your piece" Rick says grabbing back the attention of Jane. Jane looks around and notices no one objects  until Morgan stands to his feet making everyone look back at him. "Are you sure we can do it? We can beat them?" Morgan asks and Rick nods his head slowly, "What this group has done, what we've learned, what we've become, all of us— yes, I'm sure" Rick declares. "Then all we have to do is just tell them that" Morgan advices and Jane furrows her eyebrows. "By what we've heard I don't think they're in the mood for a conversation" Jane states as she looks between Rick and Morgan. "Yeah, they don't compromise—". "This isn't a compromise. It's a choice you give them. It's a way out, for them and for us" Morgan says and Jane sighs as she turns back towards the front and looks back to Joslyn who hands her the ultrasound photo back.

"We try and talk to the Saviors, we give up our advantage, our safety. No, we have to come for them before they come for us. We can't leave them alive" Rick defends as he speaks to Morgan who disagrees. "When there's life, there's possibility". "Of them hitting us" Rick argues. "We're not trapped in this. None of your are trapped in this" Morgan says trying to gain help from the other residents but it looks like people are conflicted but want to side with Rick.

"Morgan wants to talk to them first. I think that would be a mistake but it's not up to me. I'll talk to the people still at home. I'll discuss it with the people on guard now, too but who else wants to approach the Saviors, talk to them first?" Rick asks and immediately Aaron stands to his feet to defend his home. "What happened here... we won't let that happen again. I won't" Aaron states as he nods his head to Morgan who understands and nods his head towards Rick, giving him back the attention.