𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE
"Terminus"
——

The group continues there journey to terminus and find their way onto the train tracks

The group continues there journey to terminus and find their way onto the train tracks. Jane walks beside Joslyn and Joslyn places a hand on Jane's shoulder and Jane snatches it away. "Don't" Jane demands and Joslyn sighs. "Jane, we can talk about—" Joslyn says and Jane rolls her eyes and begins walking ahead of Joslyn not wanting any lecture or pep talk about what happened last night.

"Hey" Rick says as he walks beside Jane. Jane looks over at him notices he has wiped all the blood that flooded his face and he hands her a wet thick piece of cloth. "You should clean up" Rick says and Jane puts her gun in her holster and begins wiping her bloody hands that were the messiest then her face. "Thanks" Jane says and tosses the cloth in her pocket. "Are you okay?" Rick asks and Jane clears her throat not knowing what to say. "That man did deserve to live, Rick. I'm sorry if I scared anyone but he was—" Jane stops speaking not wanting to recall the memory in her head. "It was wrong and something had to be done. I don't feel sorry" Jane says as she looks over at Rick with tears flooding her eyes.

"I never wanted you to feel sorry. I just wanted to know if you were okay" Rick says and Jane swallow a large lump in her throat and nods her head. "I'm fine but are you?" Jane asks and Rick shrugs. "I am" Rick answers and Jane smiles a little before looking away from him. The group stops as they see a sign for Terminus on the ground. "We should be close. Be there by sundown" Daryl states as he looks ahead. "Where will we go now?" Joslyn asks and Rick motions towards the woods. "Now we head through the woods. We don't know who they are" Rick says and everyone nods their heads understanding the plan and drifting off into the woods leaving the train tracks behind.

When the group continues walking through the woods they see fence not to far ahead. Everyone gets there weapons out just in case something worse happens and start walking towards the fence in a certain formation while there breath aired out of there mouths from how cold it was getting. They all look through the fence and see what looks like a community and large building that says Terminus on it but no one's outside and it looks empty but we'll organized. "We all spread out, watch for awhile, see what we see, and get ready. We all stay close" Rick says and Jane grips her gun and begins walking towards the right and Carl follows behind her. "Hey, you wanna stick with me?" Rick asks and Carl and Jane turn around to face Rick. "No, I'll stay with Jane" Carl says and Jane looks down at Carl and pats his back and they both begin there journey together while Joslyn goes with Michonne and Daryl.

Jane and Carl walk side by side through the woods and it's awkward silence until Jane decides to talk. "You could've stayed with your dad" Jane states as she looks around at their surroundings. "I know but I wanted to stay with you" Carl says and Jane looks over at him. "Why?" Jane asks. "I wanted to thank you for having my back and hurting that man" Carl says and Jane stops in her tracks and looks to Carl.

"We don't have to talk about that and I'm sorry you had too see that" Jane says and Carl shakes his head. "It's okay" Carl says and Jane feels a tear slide down her cheek. "When did you grow up?" Jane asks as she wipes her tears and laughs a little. "A longtime ago" Carl answers as he smiles at Jane. "I hope your not afraid of me. That's the last thing I—" Jane begins but Carl stops her by wrapping his arms around her. "Jane, your the last person i'd be afraid of. I understand what you did and I'm not scared" Carl admits and Jane wraps her arms around Carl and they stand there for a moment before Jane pulls away and the two of them find their way back to the group.