Chapter 16|My Blood|

POV-Jasmine
I sense Chloe is hiding something from us. I usually get vibes from the mood of the room telling me if something's wrong or right. Chloe's aurora isn't very positive as she strays from us being secretive. She hasn't eaten anything all day and she's starting to worry me.

"I just wish school didn't even exist." Chloe sighs.

"Same. I can't believe it's only November." Alyssa says.

"Don't worry we only have one more year of high school left." Colton says.

"Yeah that's true. I can't wait to leave this place." Alyssa says.

I continue to glare at Chloe while she plays with her food. I zone out when Alyssa says something to me.

"I'm sorry what?" I ask.

"I was just asking you if I could borrow your history notes."Alyssa clarifies.

"Yeah later."I say."Chloe are you okay you look really pale."

"I'm fine." Chloe says."Its a Dark Moon so I'm kind of out of it today."

"Yeah we don't really have any of our abilities right now." Colton explains.

The bell rings and Chloe gets up quickly.

"See you in gym guys." She says kissing Colton and running off into the halls.

Curiously I follow her getting some weird looks from Alyssa and Colton. She keeps running until she gets to the bathroom. She makes sure no one is watching her and she locks the door behind herself. I use a spell and unlock the door. I hear Chloe throwing up.

"Chloe are you okay?"

I see Chloe emerge from the stall with blood red eyes. Her vampire fangs hang from the top of her mouth as she growls at me.

"Chloe it's just me. It's only Jasmine."I attempt to soothe her.

I run out of the bathroom only to see Chloe right in front of me. She laughs before she bites my neck holding my head in with her hands. I try not to scream and attract attention but it hurts too much. Eventually my vision blurs and I just fade out of my mind.

POV-Chloe Hill
I don't know what's wrong with me. I can't believe I just killed Jasmine. Why didn't she stop me? She's so lifeless and she has no pulse. I bite my wrist and I try forcing my blood into Jasmine's mouth. Why isn't my blood healing her? I wait for a couple minutes longer and then I pick Jasmine up and run her outside into the forest behind the school. I howl, in hopes that one of my pack members hear and come to help me. I set Jasmine down by a riverbed and I wash her face off with some water. Not long after Kayla shows up.

"What's wrong Chloe?" She asks.

"I attacked Jasmine and my blood won't heal her."I panic.

Kayla looks at me worried and then she puts her hand on my back.

"She'll wake up Chloe."She whispers.

"How do you know?" I ask.

"You bit her and you're a hybrid."Kayla pauses."She might be one now too."

My mind is blown at this point. How is it possible that I can change any person into a hybrid by just killing them? I killed Hunter and he didn't become a hybrid. I'm so confused right now. I need answers. I need my birth parents. Only they would know how this is even possible. While I'm deep in thought Jasmine comes to spitting out blood.

"Jasmine?" I ask holding her up.

"I need...I need..."She coughs out.

"What do you need?" Kayla asks her.