16

"I can't believe it," He gave a dry chuckle, "You were actually opened with someone other than me." "It was all thanks to me!" Ellie beamed, as she joined us on the couch. "Well, Xaila's the one who did the talking, not you." Ethan retorted. "Yeah, but if it wasn't for me suggesting it to her; then she never would've done it." Ellie argued. "Oh, right! It's always—" "Stop it," I cut him off, "What the fuck is wrong with y'all?!" "It's Ethan!" Ellie defended.

"Oh, that's rich!" "Okay, stop it! I don't know what the hell is going on between you two, but I am so not here for it! So I'd suggest y'all two get a fucking grip, or I'm leaving." I threatened. I then looked back and forth between the two, Ethan's jaw was clenched while Ellie was looking in the opposite direction.

"Do you guys understand me?" I added. They stayed silent. "Hello?" I pressed. "Yes!" "Fine!" "Good, I'm not putting up with any drama today. If you two want to duke it out later, go for it. I actually feel pretty good today and I want to keep it that way." I explained. "Give me your keys." Ellie demanded, as she rose to her feet. "Why?" I questioned. "I just need to drive around for a bit, to clear my head." She answered.

I knew that if she didn't get out of here soon, it'd be ugly. Her and Ethan are so stubborn, it's irritating. I sighed as I pulled my keys from my pocket, "Here." "Thanks." She deadpanned, grabbed the keys, then walked away. Ethan and I sat there in silence, the only sound came from the front door shutting as Ellie exited. I opened my mouth to speak, but was cut off by my phone ringing. I pulled it out of my pocket, and seen Dak's name across the screen.

I know I should probably talk to Ethan, and make sure everything is okay; but he's also really stubborn. And I've learned over the years to just give him a few minutes to cool off before questioning. "I'll be right back." I mumbled, then got up and exited into the backyard.

"Hello?" "Hey, Xai!" He greeted. "Hey." I uttered, greeting back. "Are you okay?" Dak followed up with a question. "Peachy." I replied. "Don't hold out on me. What's going on?" "Nothing," I exhaled a deep breath, "E and Ellie are just bickering for no apparent reason." "Is it bad?" "No, not really. I just don't understand what their problem is. Since I've arrived at his house, there's been some weird tension between them." I rolled my eyes.

"Really?" "Yeah! Actually, ever since Ellie first came back around; E has been acting weird with her or even at the mention of her." I made a face, as the dots connected. "That's strange," Dak gave a dry chuckle, "Do they have like some sort of history?" "Do you mean like dating?" I questioned. "Yeah." He replied. "No," I cringed at the thought of them together, "Definitely not."

"Well, from the outside looking in that's the only reasoning I could come up with." He informed. I sighed, "Yeah, I get what you're saying but that'd never happen. The three of us are like siblings; plus E doesn't date older women." "That one girl he met at the state fair wasn't older?" Dak asked. Confusedly, I asked, "What girl?" "You don't remember that girl he met when we were in line for the Ferris Wheel?" He questioned.

I stood there for a second, attempting to have some recollection of this girl. After a few beats, it hit me, "OH! I remember now," I face palmed at my memory loss, "I honestly have no idea if she's older or not. He's never said, or even brought her up in a long time honestly." "Maybe they broke up." He chuckled. "I have no idea." I dry chuckled.

"Where's Ellie?" He asked. "She took my keys, with permission, and went to cool off." I answered. "Maybe that's best that she did." He commented. "It definitely is," I let out a breath, "They're both some stubborn ass people and hearing them argue is like one of the worst things ever." "Sounds like you need a break already." He seductively teased. I playfully rolled my eyes and giggled, "Keep it in your pants, Prescott. I've got some shit to sort out over here." "Call me when it's all sorted then, we'll make plans after." He chuckled.