5

He hadn't seem to notice me awake, but it didn't take long for my mind to start racing. No, no, Dak would never do that! He'd never take advantage of a girl, right?! My mind was scrambled everywhere! I kept trying to deny the fact that Dak wouldn't use me while I was black out drunk, but who actually knows! I barely met him a week ago! "What the fuck, Dak!" Escaped from my mouth before I could register my thoughts. He quickly turned around with confusion and worry written all over his face, "Xai, are you okay?"

"Am I okay?! Seriously! How could you do this to me Dak?!" I yelled. My skin was instantly on fire, as my blood boiled. He was silent for a second, with a facial expression like he didn't know what I was talking about. "Don't play stupid, Dak! What is wrong with guys?! How could you?!" I then found my body hop off the bed and stand on the opposite side of the room. He kept his eyes locked on mine the whole time, "Xai, I know what you're thinking. But please listen to me." "No! I'm not going to listen to you! I'm supposed to sit back and listen to you explain why you'd take advantage of me?!" I started marching towards him.

Before he could speak, I started shoving him out of anger. "Xaila!" He tried getting my attention. But I didn't pay attention, I kept shoving him. "Xai, stop! What're you doing?" He tried to use his words to snap me out of my trance. "Hey!" He held my arms to my sides, not in an aggressive way. "Xaila, look at me." He cooed. I couldn't get myself to look up, though he wasn't grabbing me tightly or aggressively, I was even more infuriated that he was holding me back. "Xai," He gently cuffed my cheeks to make me look at him, "Listen to me. I'd never ever do anything like that to you, or to anyone! We didn't have sex, I promise you." "Then why was I in your bed in just my underwear and your shirt?" I questioned.

"You got really drunk last night. You said you had to use to restroom, then you never came back. So, I went to go check on you and seen you passed out on the floor. I woke up you, then carried you downstairs. You were saying goodbye to everyone, then you kind of threw up on yourself." "I did what?!" "Yeah, but it's okay! Not many people seen, it happened outside when you were saying goodbye to a few of the girls. Madeleine felt bad, and she offered to follow me to my house so she could help you get dressed and undressed." He explained. "So you didn't see me practically naked?" I questioned. He chuckled, "No. I took a few of Zeke's towels, put them down on the passenger seat, then I sat you there." "Where are my clothes?" "I put them to wash." He answered. "Where did you sleep?" I quickly asked. "In the guest room. I just came in here to take a quick shower before practice." He replied even quicker.

"So, nothing happened?" "No, I'd never do that to you." He assured me. I looked into his eyes, and I just knew he wasn't lying. I had no sense of doubt anywhere in my body, in fact, my gut had been telling me that he didn't do anything to me. "I'm sorry." I sighed. "It's okay, I understand." He softly replied. "No, it's not okay at all. It's one thing that I snapped, but I should've never placed my hands on you. That's unacceptable." "You're right, you shouldn't have. But that doesn't change the fact that I understand why you did it." He gave a light smile.

I let out a sigh, "I'm just really really sorry." "I know you are, and I forgive you," He chuckled, "I'd hug you but you're only in a shirt, and I'm kind of naked." I gasped, "Holy hell! I forgot!" I then ran the the bed and wrapped the blanket around my waist. He started laughing, "I think I have some old basketball shorts that you can wear, I tried to find them last night but had no luck." "I can try to find them, if that's okay?" "That's cool with me. They might be in one of my old buckets in one of the guest rooms." He smiled. "Sounds good, I'll check." I squeezed the blanket around my waist. "I'll be practicing." He reminded me. "You guys have practice after a game?" I questioned. "No," He chuckled, "We use my field in the backyard for our own private practices. So we can stay sharp."

My eyes widened, "You have your own football field in your backyard?!" "Yeah, and I'm currently investing in a golf course alongside it." "You're joking, right?" "Nope, not at all. It's actually been getting worked on for a few months." He flashed a smile. I stood there completely stunned, with no words. I couldn't even begin to fathom if I were in his position and had so much space in my backyard to be capable of owning my own football field and golf course! Then the thought hit me of what the interior of his house must look like.