15

"I don't know what to do anymore!" "Well, how long has it been since y'all talked?" I questioned. "Two days! I'm going crazy!" Ellie whined. "Two days? Really? Estrella, you're okay. I'm sure he's busy, I mean he is a professional running back." I informed.

She rolled her eyes, "I know that!" "Then what's the problem?" "Uh, you're not supposed to ignore your girlfriend! DUH!" "Oh, gosh," I giggled, "You've been his girlfriend for three days!" "So? That doesn't give him the right to ignore me, especially when I'm coming to see him today!" "I forgot you're coming!" I face palmed.

"Did me driving in my car not give it away?" She questioned, laughing. "I'm sorry," I shook any other thoughts in my head, "My mind is just scrambled all over!" "Why? Are you okay?" She immediately questioned. No. "Yes." I lied. "Are you sure?" "Yup." I quickly replied. "I don't believe you, but I just got to the airport. So, we'll talk about it later." She stated matter-of-factly. We then exchanged goodbyes and disconnected the call.

I flopped back on my bed, sighing. Knock! Knock! "Yeah, uncle?" I called out. "It's not your uncle," Amber's face peered around the door, "It's me." "Amber, oh my gosh," I jumped to my feet and hugged her, "It's been a while!" "I know, I know. Phone messages aren't the same as face-to-face, are they?" "No where close!" We then warmingly embraced each other.

"We have lots to catch up on, don't we?" She arched her brow. "What're you talking about?" "Lala, I know you've been holding back on me. Well, not just me but everyone." "No I haven't," I defended, "I don't know what you're talking about." "You can't fool me," She crossed over to my bed, sat, and patted the spot adjacent from her, "Come sit." I let out a deep breath, then made my way to said spot.

I have absolutely no idea what Amber is talking about, or what she's going to be talking about. I haven't told anyone anything, aside from Ethan. He's the only one who knows everything that was said between Lucas and I. I haven't even talked to my uncle really since that day. So whatever Amber's cooking, I'm not sure I want a piece of it. Or even a sniff.

We both just sat there, blankly staring at one another for a few moments. "So..?" "So, are you going to tell me what happened that made you shutdown?" She asked. "Amber, when have you ever known me to be open?" I retorted. "Sometimes I'm able to break through." She softly cooed. "Sometimes." I scoffed under my breath, so low that even miss-incredible-hearing couldn't hear it.

"Your uncle informed me that you haven't been coming out of your room as much anymore, and he doesn't know why." "What?! You're joking me, right? He's literally the reason I've been cooped up in here!" I hollered, anger immediately filled me. "Told you something happened." She arched her brow. I sighed in anger catching on to what she just did, smart move.

"So, what's going on, Xaila? Please, don't even bother lying to me either. I know you too well for you to slide one over me." She stated. I looked to her, then to the wall, back to her, and once more at the wall. I sighed and said, "Lucas came to speak to me. That's what started it." "Why did he decide to see you?" She asked. I shrugged, "He said some BS about wanting to make peace with me or whatever."

"And did you?" She asked. "No! Obviously not!" I answered. "What happened then?" "I just told you. He wanted to 'make peace' and I ordered him never to speak to me again." I replied. "So, that's why you've been ignoring Gabe? Because you're in your head about Lucas?" "No," I immediately replied, "I haven't been talking to him because he's the one who gave Lucas permission to talk to me. He knew Lucas was outside and he still let me go out there with no warning or anything."

"Really?" "Yes!" "He didn't mention that part to me." She sighed. "Well, why would he? He knew if he did, you wouldn't have came to try and convince me to talk to him." I bluntly stated. "I'm not trying to convince you to talk to him per se. I'm just trying to understand what's going on." She explained. "Right." "When did Lucas come over?" She questioned.