7

"Why are we going to the state fair, Xaila?" Ethan questioned. "What do you mean? We go every year, it's our tradition!" "That is true; however, we go on the 14th. Today is the 3rd." He noted. "Okay, you've got a point there. I just want to go twice this year." "But why?" "I just want to." "But why?" He pressed. "Just get ready, Ethan! I'll pick you up in about an hour." "Fine!" He caved. We both hung up and I started doing my makeup. I was dressed in a white tub top, with a burnt orange flannel on top, and ripped jeans. I then had my white Nike Air Force 1s to tie it all together. My hair was ready, just simply straightened, so I had all the time in the world to do my makeup.

It was time to get Ethan now. I farewelled my uncle, and was on my way to his house. The drive from my uncle's to Ethan's wasn't too far apart. So I took this time to practice keeping my mouth shut and to work on staying calm, so he doesn't get any more suspicious than he already is. He is going to lose all self-control when he finds out the real reason why we're going to the state fair.

After a few minutes, I finally arrived at his house. I started honking like a maniac, which I usually wouldn't do for the sake of being respectful towards his parents. But they're out on vacation, so I decided to be extra. He finally walked out of the house, and he actually looked really nice today. He was wearing a maroon and white flannel, with black jeans that had a couple of rips in them, and he was also wearing white Nike Air Force 1s. He then came into my car, "Hey, hot stuff, coming my way?" "Only in your dreams." He chuckled. "Ouch! Also, did you like stalk me to see what I was wearing today or something?" He then scanned my outfit, "Why are we kind of matching?" "You stalked me, that's why." I teased. "Maybe." We both laughed.

We were on the road for about thirty minutes now, with only about twenty left to go. "So, you're telling me you kissed Dak Prescott two weeks ago, and are just now deciding to tell me this?!" "Yes.." I sheepishly replied. "Xaila, what the fuck?!" "Look, I know I should have told you sooner but I was still processing it and I wasn't sure if it even meant anything." I explained. "What are you talking about?! You've practically been obsessed with him for fucking years and you're having trouble finding out if it meant anything or not?" "I didn't mean it like that!" I defended. "Then how did you mean it?" He questioned.

"I'm just saying, that I can't depict whether the kiss was just an in-the-moment type of thing, or if it was something we both genuinely wanted." I explained. He gave me a face, "There is no such thing as in-the-moment." "Yes there is!" I defended. "Not for a guy!" He retorted. I quickly glanced over at him, giving him a confused expression. "Look," He turned towards me, "When a guy kisses a girl, no matter who makes the first move. It's because he wants to. Unless he flat out rejects you, then that means he too wants to kiss you. Even if a girl thinks it's an in-the-moment thing, it's not." "Okay so what about in the movies where two characters have an in-the-moment kiss?" I asked.

"Come on, Xai! I just explained it all to you, but since you clearly have a processing disorder," I swatted his arm, "Hey!" I laughed at him. "Let me explain it to you," He continued, "It's like that one movie the duff." "Oh, now you're calling me a duff, huh?" I pretended to be offended. "Shut up, obviously not, let me explain. When the two main characters finally kiss, they try to pin it on an in-the-moment type of situation." "But?" "But the audience later learns that Wesley actually has feelings for Bianca, and he had ever since they gotten close again. So, my point here is, to a guy there is no such thing as that type of situation! It's either we want to kiss the girl or not, pretty much that simple." He shrugged.

"I don't know." I uttered. "You overthink too much." He faced forward. "Of course I do! Do you think I want history to repeat itself?" I then seen him in my peripheral vision stare at me, knowing exactly what I was referring to. There was an immediate silence between us, not awkward but tense. I don't like to talk about it, and he doesn't bring it up. That's why we're such good friends. "Your uncle told me Christopher had talked to the day everyone went over for the game." Ethan broke the silence. "He did." I replied. "What did he say?" He asked. "Nothing important, that's why I didn't bring it up to you. He was being his usual nosy self, then he apologized again." I shook my head.