8

Ellie and I had gossiped about what happened at the state fair. Within our gossip time, I found out that Zeke was flirting with her like crazy! They have each other on Instagram now, and they've been chatting back and forth. I was both ecstatic and nervous at the same time, simply because last I knew Zeke was having a little rendezvous with Madeleine. I wasn't going to tell Ellie that just yet, I want to ask Zeke about it and see if my cousin will be taken seriously or if she's just another booty-call. Which was actually in our favor, because today we were all meeting up here at my uncle's. It's been three days since the state fair and I just wanted to have a little get together before the game tomorrow.

"What time are they getting here?" Ellie asked. "Their practice the day before the game usually isn't as long as the rest. They're also going to freshen up before arrival, so I'd say probably in," I looked at the time and it read 2:30pm, "About thirty to forty minutes." "Okay. Where's E?" "He should be here any second actually." I replied. As if on cue, I heard the front door open. "Hi, Ethan!" I hollered, already knowing it was him. "How'd y'know it was me?" He questioned as he approached. "Because, you're the only other person, aside from me, who has a key to this house." I replied. He shrugged, "Point taken."

After some time, the guys had finally arrived. We're all just sitting outside, enjoying the beautiful weather. "I can't believe we have the house for a week to ourselves!" Ellie squealed. "Yeah, and my uncle leaves to Missouri two weeks after he gets home from this trip." I took a swig of my drink. "Wait," Zeke chimed, "Do y'all not have the same uncle?" I nearly choked on my soda at his question, I really do not want to get into my private life again!

"No," Ethan answered for me, "She's her cousin on her mother's side." I grew tense at the mention of her, Dak then shot me a concerned look. "Oh okay." Zeke said. I just stayed silent, not wanting to speak about anything to do with this topic. It's not even that it makes me sad anymore, I just hate talking about it. I hate talking about my parents, the rest of my family, and him. I looked to Ethan and gave him a hurry-up-and-change-the-subject look. "So, how are y'all feeling about tomorrow's game?" Ethan asked the guys. "I feel good! Practice has been great, everyone's been sharp and on their toes, we've been alert, and check each other allot more." Dak answered.

"Yeah, I've got to agree. I feel confident, and I know we'll be amazing; that's just how we roll!" Zeke beamed. "Haven't the Panthers been undefeated so far?" Ellie questioned. "They have." Zeke replied. "But I've got confidence in my brothers, I know we can do it. We just got to fight all the way to the end." Dak smiled. "I've got confidence in y'all too! I know my boys won't disappoint." I smiled at Dak and Zeke. "Speaking of the game," Dak cleared his throat, "I've got a question for you, Xai." "What's up?" I asked. "Would you and Ethan like to watch the game live tomorrow?" He asked. I didn't even get a chance to look at Ethan and see what our reply is, he automatically jumped to his feet and hollered, "Yes!"

We all just starred at him for a second, but he immediately changed his tone to a more calm state, "I mean yeah, sure. We'd love to." "He's never been to a Cowboys game." I stage whispered to Dak and Zeke. "Makes sense." Everyone, but Ethan, started laughing. "Ha. Ha. It's so hilarious." Ethan rolled his eyes. I looked over to him and stuck my tongue out in a childlike manner. He simply shook his head while his arms crossed. "So," Dak started, "We know Ethan's on board. But I'm still waiting for someone else's response." I looked to him, "Y'know I wouldn't miss it for the world." We both just smiled at each other endearingly.

"Can I count on you to be there supporting me too?" Zeke asked Ellie. Her face lit up, "Yes, of course!" "Good thing y'all said 'yes'." Zeke laughed. "Why?" I asked. "Because we already got y'all's tickets." Dak answered, chuckling. "Why am I not surprised?" I giggled. "I know you wouldn't turn down watching your favorite player." Dak winked. "You're right," I smirked, "Good thing I have my Coop jersey ready to go." Dak's jaw dropped as Zeke started laughing hysterically, I just shrugged attempting to hold back my laugh. Dak lightly pushed me in a playful manner, and that caused me to laugh.