Chapter 7 - The Bond

Arnav knocked the door of Aashi's room once and then entered with Khushi.....

Aashi saw them and went to hug her mumma....

Aas : Mumma

Khu : Yes Aashu....

Aas : I love you so much..... Now you won't go anywhere na.....

Khushi smiled and lifted her up in her arms....

Khu : Yes baby I won't go anywhere leaving my Aashu and I love you too.....

Arnav fake coughed to gain their attention.....

Both turned to him....

Ar : It seems like someone forgot her Dad seeing her mom....

Both girls giggled....

Aas : No Dad is not like that..... I love you also..... Now come in the family hug why are you standing there.....

He looked awkwardly at Khushi who smiled at him blinking her eyes.... He reciprocated her smile and coming to them placing his one hand on Khushi's waist and other on Aashi's back he hugged both of them.....

Aas : Now my family is complete ...... me , dad and mumma.....

She said and giggled at her own statement.....

Both smiled seeing her...... Khushi was happy that she could give a child the mother's love from which she herself was deprived since childhood while Arnav was happy in his daughter's happiness......

Aas : Come mumma and dad today we all will sleep together......

Khushi hesitantly nodded listening her..... Understanding her hesitation Arnav told Aashi.....

Ar : Bacha.... Now only your mumma had came na..... So let her rest....tomorrow she is going to sleep with you.....

She smiled seeing him understanding her.....

Khu : No Arnavji I don't have any problem sleeping with my baby.... Let's go Aashu....

Aashi smiled widely and took her to her bed.....

Aas : Dad what are you waiting for.... Come

Arnav nodded and went to them.....

The three lie down on Aashi's bed.... Arnav was on her left side while Khushi was on her right side both of them were facing each other and Aashi....

Aas : Mom will you please sing lori for me.....my friends told me that their mothers always sang for them.....

Arnav thought that she can't sing so he was going to stop Aashi when Khushi said....

Khu : Yes baby why will I not sing for my Aashu.....

Arnav raised his eyebrows at her asking will she be able to do it....khushi blinked her eyes assuring him that she can do it....

She started patting Aashi's head and sang....

Lori lori lori
Lori lori lori
Lori lori lori
Lori lori lori...

Arnav looked at her unblinking mesmerized by her voice....

Chandaniya chhup jaana re
Chhan bhar ko luk jaana re
Nindiya aankhon mein aaye
Bitiya meri so jaaye
Hmm mm...

Aashi smiled widely listening her voice and her happiness has no bounds as she got her mother today....

Nindiya aankhon mein aaye
Bitiyaa meri so jaaye
Leke god mein sulaao
Gaao raat bhar sunaao
Main lori lori
Ho main lori lori

Khushi smiled seeing Aashi's eyes drooping .....

Lori lori lori
Lori lori lori
Lori lori lori
Lori lori lori

She ended the song and saw both father and daughter sleeping.... She smiled seeing them.....

She was going to get up to go back home but felt a tug on her hand.... She saw her hand under Arnav's which they had placed on Aashi's head.....

She slowly took her hand from his but in this process Arnav's sleep broke....

He opened his eyes and saw her....

Ar : (whispered) Khushi .....

Khu : Shhh....

She shushed him gesturing that Aashi slept and asked to come out .....he nodded....

Both came out and khushi said....

Khu : I am going Arnavji.... You also go and sleep....

Ar : Yes khushi I'll definitely go to sleep but before that I'll drop you home.... It's already late and your safety is my responsibility....

Khu : But Arnavji I came by car.... And I can go myself...You Don't worry....

Ar : No issues my driver will bring your car to your home in the early morning and now I'm not going to listen anything you just wait in the living room I am coming in few minutes....

She nodded silently getting agreed.....

Arnav left to his room and she went to the living room....

10 minutes later he came down wearing his jacket and brought his car keys..... and both went to his car.....

Arnav gestured the guards to open the gate....

They opened it Arnav's car went from there....

Seeing khushi in his car the two guards who let her go inside talked.....

Guard 1: Thank God we let her go inside otherwise we might have lost our jobs....

Guard 2 : Yeah.... See Arnav Sir had gone to drop her home and also instructed us to take her car to her home till morning....

Guard 1: Yeah she might be someone special to his family....

Guard 2: Yes....

Then they went to sat on their chairs....