004

"It was the beginning of the end."

It's safe to say that we've all basically given up on going to school, mostly

It's safe to say that we've all basically given up on going to school, mostly. All of us have graduated high school and college except for Nic and Cris, so there was really no reason for us to be in school anyway. Since us five aren't going to school anymore, Nic and Cris have decided to finish high school online.

I know we wanted normalcy. That was the whole reason we went to school. We wanted to make up for everything we missed while we were trapped in Russia, but it was too stressful. We are dealing with a lot right now. Everyone has their own personal problems, school just isn't in the schedule anymore. And quite frankly, school was also annoying.

The teachers were misogynistic and weren't considerate of their students. I thought being a prestigious school and all that they would actually be good people. I can honestly say the only teacher I liked was Mrs. Raines. She's the only one I might miss.

We've decided to homeschool Niki and Pedro until further notice. Contrary to most kids their age, they actually like learning. When they weren't being taken to pre school and day care, they were upset. So Nic, Nathalie, and I decided to become their teachers. It was quite comical really, but the boys love it.

It's now Valentine's day. I personally think it's just another day of the year, I've never had anyone to truly celebrate it with I guess, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't expecting some sort of gift or act of appreciation from Aki. I was planning to do the same, so I'd only hope he'd planned something too.

"Aphrodite?" I hear someone say as the door to my room is being pushed open gently.

"Yes... oh, hey Reagan. To what do I owe this pleasure?" I smile, closing the small box I was fiddling with.

"I think I'm freaking out." He states as he's steps into my room.

"About what?"

"Ares. Like what do I get him? Does he even want anything for valentine's day? We're not even dating so do I get him something? What if my gift sucks and he hates it."

"Take a breath." I laugh a little. "Ares really likes you. I don't think he's felt like this with anyone before nor has he ever gotten a gift from someone he's romantically involved with."

"That sounds like such a lie. I mean I know he's kind of clueless about a lot of things, but he's had to have had a past relationship with—" He cuts himself off when I start to shake my head pointedly as I look at him.

"He's never been with... anyone?"

I smile, deciding not to answer. "He will like anything you give him. Don't over think."

"Okay." He breathes out. "So what is that?" He asks pointing to the velvet box in my hand.

"A gift for Aki, he's really going to like it."