012

"We're just a bunch of kids with ptsd and problems with authority. We can't handle this."

"Where are you taking me?" Aphrodite asked groggily as she opened her eyes from her nap

"Where are you taking me?" Aphrodite asked groggily as she opened her eyes from her nap. As soon as we got in the car after lunch, she passed out. If only she'd stayed asleep the whole ride. "This isn't the way home." She stated, taking in our surroundings.

"I'm taking you to the safe house."

"What are you talking about? Who decided that?" She crossed her arms and I knew she was getting an attitude.

"Aphrodite, what do you think sitting out means? What do you think not getting involved means?" I questioned genuinely. I needed to know her definition of not putting herself in danger because clearly it was different from everyone else's.

"Ares, I can still help!" She argued.

"And how exactly do you plan on doing that? This is not a football game where you can coach the team to victory from the sidelines without being on the field. You and Atlas are the main targets. If they see you, they will kill you." They're going to try and kill us all regardless.

"Take me home with you." Aphrodite pleaded. "I wont be anywhere in sight."

"Understand me now, because this is the last time I'll say it. You will not have anything to do with what happens tonight and that's the end of it. Don't ask me again." I left no room for discussion. We all needed to learn how to put our foot down more with Aphrodite, especially me.

"Will you at least tell me what you guys are going to do? What's the plan?"

"You're relentless." I sigh loudly.

"I'm worried!"

"Don't be. Nothing is going to go wrong. We will all be fine-" My phone ringing and the caller ID flashing on my radio screen cuts me off. "Percy what-"

"Lydia's hitmen are here! They're are way more of them than we thought!"

"What? It's barely dark out, I thought the ambush wasn't supposed to happen until 9. That's what Azra said." My heart picked up its pace as I waited for Percy to respond.

"Azra's mom lied to her about the time. More and more of her men keep showing up. I texted everyone else that it's happening now, but I don't know how long we'll last until they get here. The bratva is big and we're out numbered without everyone else here." Percy explained fast.

"Ares, turn this car around, right now! We have to go home." Aphrodite yelled.

"No, no, no, you can't come home. Ares keep driving. Do not under any circumstance turn that car around." Percy yelled into the phone. The sound of a single gunshot could be heard from the other end of the line. "Do you understand me?!"

"I'm dropping Aphrodite off and then I'm coming back."

"No! both of you stay away." Percy said then the line went dead.