008

"You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending."

"Atlas, answer your phone

"Atlas, answer your phone." He grumbled.

"Hm?" I was groggy and had barely registered what he was talking about.

"You're phone, answer it." That's when I heard the incessant buzzing and ringtone coming from my nightstand. I looked over seeing that it was only 4pm. I only got a few hours of sleep but it will do.

I look over to the other side of my bed, seeing Ocean curled into a fetal position. His back was facing me as he laid down, sporadic movements of his body making me worried.

"Are you crying?" I tried to pull him toward me but he wouldn't budge.

He sniffled, "I'm fine."

"Don't lie to me. What's wrong?" My voice now a bit softer as I spoke. The missed phone call sat at the back of my mind, I'll call whoever it was back later.

"Nothing. I just-" He sighed cutting himself off. "It's nothing."

"Did you have a nightmare?" I asked. I know he gets them sometimes. They've been on and off in the years that we've been out of Russia. Ocean stayed silent, and that was the only answer I needed to hear. "C'mere" I whisper, nudging his arm with my own.

He turns to face me. His eyes were puffy, his face was flushed and his cheeks were stained with tears. My lips turn down at the sight. By his face, it looked like he's been crying for hours.

"I'm okay, really." He tries to convince me, pressing down on his eyes with the palms of his hands. I pull him in for a hug and rest my chin on the top of his head. "You're babying me." Ocean complained as he sniffled once more.

"You're my little brother, I will always baby you." I chuckle as I hug him just a little tighter. "What was it about?"

He shakes his head with a sigh. "You."

I scrunch my brows. "Me, what about me? Did I do something bad to you?" I asked with genuine concern in my voice, though I know it is just a dream.

"You left me." He says into my chest. "You died. It scared me because I can't imagine living in a world that doesn't have you in it. You dying, any of our little clan dying, is the absolute worst thing I can think of. The worst thing."

"Ocean, it's alright. I'm still here, okay. I'm not going to leave you any time soon. I'll be babying you even when we're old and grey. " At this he laughs a bit and calms himself down so he can speak.

"Atlas I don't know what you get up to every night, or the mornings I wake up and you've already left out somewhere, and that scares me. You scare me." He admits. "I don't know where you are, or if you're doing something dangerous. You could be dead in a ditch and I wouldn't know, none of us would. We all care about you. All you have to do is let us in. Please, just let me in because I can't... I can't—"