37

Last chapter :)) hope you all have enjoyed reading this story because I've had fun writing it !!!

Sage's POV:

"Keep him away from me," Cameron growls, glaring at Ronaldo. "I'm not getting in that thing!"

Ronaldo scowls back at his mate.

A lot has changed between them in the last two months, but the only thing that seems to be consistent is their ability to bicker. Now, they're definitely falling in love, but Ronaldo is stubborn and Cameron is defiant and neither is willing to give in.

I'm leaning against Ashton, watching them bicker as my mate runs his hands up and down my belly. The pups will be here any day now and I cannot wait to no longer have them growing inside of me. Being pregnant isn't the worst thing ever, but it's definitely something that makes me feel useless.

"You're the one who didn't listen to me and decided to get covered in mud, Cameron!" Ronaldo grumbles, taking a step toward his mate, but Cameron is a quick little guy and manages to stay out of Ronaldo's grasp.

"It was a puddle! How am I supposed to resist jumping in a puddle?!"

Ronaldo fakes a movement and grabs Cameron's wrist, pulling the younger Alpha to his chest. "You need a bath. I don't think Alpha Sage appreciates the pack house having muddy footprints everywhere."

"Do you mind?" Cameron asks me.

I sit up, wincing as I do so. "No, but you're cleaning up all the muddy footprints on the floor."

He groans as Ronaldo scoops him up. "I don't want a bath," he whines.

"Too bad."

"You're so mean to me."

"I'm cleaning and doting upon my mate. Most wolves are happy when their mate does that."

Cameron drapes himself dramatically across Ronaldo's arms. "Oh, to have a loving mate..." he sighs, before peeking up and smirking at his lover.

"Fine, you can take a bath alone."

"Wait, no! I want you to cuddle with me and clean me," Cameron whines, leaning up to kiss Ronaldo's cheek. "And maybe help me mop up the mud that I left all over the floor?"

Ronaldo scoffs at his brat, but he kisses his forehead. "Maybe, if you behave," he murmurs, but I can hear it and I'm sure Ashton can, too, if his scoff says anything.

"Don't scoff at them, I say that to you sometimes."

"It's just makes me cringe when I hear them say it," he responds, kissing the back of my head and pressing his nose to my neck. "I can't wait to meet the babies..."

"Me either," I whisper.

Ashton continues to rub my belly, the gentle touch making me purr and lean further against him. "You just don't want to carry them around all by yourself and want to start training again," he jokes, because he knows my irritations with carrying the babies even though I love them.

"Yeah, looking like a blimp is not really appealing."

"You're a beautiful blimp."

I lay my head back and make eye contact with my mate, a smile growing on my lips. "If it was anyone else saying that, I'd probably cry," I say, pulling him closer and kissing his lips. "But because I know you, I know you're trying to be sweet and it's adorable."

"Baby, not everyone can pull off the blimp look."

"Yeah, I'm just special."

Ashton tilts his head back and laughs loudly. "Super special."