25

Sage's POV:

It's been five days since Charlie and I were brought here, and I'm near the end of my rope with this concrete building. Thankfully, the guy who is obsessed with Charlie hasn't paid us another visit, but we also haven't had any way to get out of here.

I'm craving for Ashton and dying to feel his arms around me and his lips on my own. Every second is a punch to my gut because I'm craving for him so much. I've never lacked confidence in our relationship, so I know that Ashton feels the same exact way.

He probably feels worse that he couldn't chase them down and protect me, and his Alpha instincts are probably killing him. He's also due for his rut in about a month or so, so I hope I'm with him before then or he might destroy the whole forest to get to me.

Sofia taps my arm while Charlie sleeps, his head in my lap. She's become a friend of mine because she tends to Charlie and she's such a sweet person.

"What is it?" I ask her quietly, glancing at the two skittish Alphas at the front of the room.

She looks at Charlie's sleeping form. "His pups are weak," she murmurs. "Their heartbeats are slower than they should be... he needs to get somewhere warm and he needs a full meal and real medication. We use herbal stuff in our pack, but with the state he's in, he needs strong medicine to take away the pain and to help get him back to a healthy state. He's sick, Sage."

I take in a shuddered breath because she's completely right. I can't keep biding my time.

Charlie has been feeling off and he's getting worse. He's only nineteen and he needs real medical help, whether it be from one of the packs with real medicine or the damn cities.

The cities are largely populated areas that rely on technology and oftentimes wolves there don't live in packs. It's a lot different than how we live here since we're much more connected to our roots. However, the cities aren't as common as big packs and there's only one large city in every state.

I'd travel for days to get to one if it meant saving Charlie and his pups right now.

The door to the Omega room opens and Dayton enters. He has a set of keys in his arms and a group of Alphas following him.

"A client has arrived!" Dayton exclaims. "And he's interested in buying an Omega!"

A growl escapes me before I can stop it, making Charlie wake up. My disoriented pack mate notices the Alphas and scrambles to hide behind me, as I've instructed him to do whenever they come in.

"Don't growl at me, you bitch," Dayton snarls at me. "Get up."

My legs are shaky because I haven't really stood up for the past five days, except for when they take us to the bathroom twice a day. It's worse for Charlie, who is heavily pregnant, so I have to help him up and make sure he doesn't fall with the chains around his ankles.

Dayton unlocks Charlie first since he can tell that I'm the rebellious one who will fuck him up if I'm given the chance. He pushes Charlie toward one of the shyer Alphas who reminds me of my mate. When Dayton unlocks me, he shoves me toward one of the other leaders. He's not a complete idiot in that instinct, but I wish he was so I could find a way out and escape.

The Alpha that has me holds my arms behind my back and squeezes my wrists so tight together that they may bruise.

I'm brought outside the building and realize that we aren't in a pack; the building itself is alone in the forest and there is a mere camp set up by the Alphas, but no pack.

They've hidden us from the world. This is why we haven't been found yet, since I know that there's two packs determined to find us.

The client, as Dayton called him, has arrived in a car with several warriors, all of them in black suits that I've only seen in movies and never worn.