19

Sage's POV:

It's been a quiet couple of weeks since my heat ended, even though there's been sightings and the scent of wolves whom don't belong to the packs around the borders. There hasn't been any around ours, so I assume they chose to back off because we chased them off the last time they tried to attack.

Charlie has been spending a lot of time at the pack house while Nolan works because he doesn't feel comfortable going out and making friends. According to him, he's happy with me being his only friend, and he gets along with Reid, the Alpha that we brought back when the snowstorm hit.

Reid is only seventeen, and he reminds me a lot of when Ashton first arrived, but he's gained very little confidence and hasn't really grown much. He's always hesitant unless he's around my dad or an Omega because he's so insecure.

Nolan is comfortable with Reid being around his mate because all the two do is play board games or watch cartoons. Reid also makes sure that Charlie eats during the day when Nolan isn't around and he's very proud of his cooking skills.

Right now, Charlie is making himself comfortable on the couch while Reid cooks a big pot of clam chowder on the stove. Since it's still cold out and there is a small amount of snow, Reid has been making a bunch of different kinds of soup for us.

Charlie winces when he moves and lays his head back on the pillow behind him. "Fuck, these pups are going to kill me," he groans helplessly, holding his growing belly. "They won't stop moving!"

He learned a couple of weeks ago that he's going to have twin girls, and Charlie is thrilled. He's so excited to meet his two girls in a few months, as he's now four months along and standard pregnancies for werewolves are seven months.

"I'm sure they're just excited to meet their daddy," I comment, patting his calf gently.

Charlie scowls at his belly. "You'll escape your flesh prison soon enough, girls. For now, though, stop kicking your daddy!"

Ashton comes downstairs, drying his hair off with a small towel before he lies it over his shoulder. He did some additional training with Ronaldo this afternoon whereas I wanted to come home to make sure Charlie and Reid were both doing okay.

"I smell soup," Ashton announces, sitting beside me and kissing my cheek. "How have things been here, love?"

My face warms up. Ever since we announced we love each other, Ashton has started to use more pet names for me, such as "Omega," "love," and "angel."

All names that are super cute and make me blush every time. I'm pretty sure he's using the advantage of pet names to make me blush in order to take revenge on me for making him blush so much when he first got here.

"They've been fine," I respond, smiling up at him. "How was training?"

He grumbles irritably. "Ronaldo is trying to kick my ass with training."

I giggle since I know how tough Ronaldo can be. Since I've appointed him as the one to take over as head warrior once I become Alpha and Zach becomes Beta, I've had him run training sessions for the older warriors, including myself. Those sessions are tough and Ronaldo doesn't hold back.

He's the perfect pick for someone to take over as the official head warrior due to his determination and dedication.

"You're going to be sore tomorrow," I tell him and he pouts. "Poor Alpha."

Ashton leans closer to me and nips my earlobe. "I'll make you sore in a different way, Omega," he growls and I love how confident he's getting, but I definitely do not like the loud whine that escapes my throat.