Why is Poppy sleeping here?

I was closing the door behind me. I try not to wake Poppy as I stand beside her, kiss her forehead, and approach Seth. A slight grin plastered on my face as I got an idea of how to make this a welcome home moment. But doing so in front of my daughter seems inappropriate.

I strap over his waist, slightly hissing at my leg, but it doesn't matter how much in pain I am. I need him.

Lean my head down and plant soft kisses around his face. He stirred a bit, then when he didn't wake, I got to take the initiative—looking over my shoulder to make sure Poppy wouldn't wake and see us in this awkward position. I didn't want my daughter to see her mother fondle her boyfriend, but I couldn't help myself.

"Got to do this quietly," I mutter as I tease Seth in his sleep.

It's been a week since I felt his touch. Every day, every minute that had passed, I wanted his embrace. I completely ignored him, knowing his warmth and touch could heal my rage. Of course, seeing Poppy tends my soul to its calmness, and seeing two of the most influential people in my life helps.

I slither my hand over his chest and slide down to his already hard crotch.

"God, already?" I whisper. Seth snores softly as I lean in closer to his face. "I wonder what he's thinking to make him this hard?"

His scent is intoxicating, making my body quiver so that I rub his crotch. He let out a low moan and stirred.

I smile.

"Seth," I whisper in his ear. "Seth, you like that?"

He let out a moan. "Y-yes...mmmh...yes..." his voice stammer.

"How about this?" I nibbled at his ear, then in one surprise move, I had my eyes closed for a second, and suddenly, I was on my back, and Seth was on top. My hands are over my head.

I feel the tension coming off him. I can see his nostrils flaring with the bedside lamp on, and his eyes are darkened. Seth isn't happy.

"Hi, baby," I smile brightly. If he can see it, I'm greeting him with cuteness. I had never done anything cute, but I've seen Effie and the girls do it.

"Don't give me that," his voice was hard and deep, like an animal warning me as it caused me to shiver. I have never seen him this mad before.

He jokes and teases a lot, but never with this attitude. It almost scared me at first, but then seeing him buffing up was hot and sexy at the same time. I can feel something in between my legs.

Worth a shot.

"Sweetie?"

Seth stares at me blankly.

"Honey?"

No effect.

God, just speaking in a high, girly voice isn't my style and makes me gagged, but I have to do this to get Seth's good side. "Babycakes?" I'm just throwing in cute names at him.

"My...num...nums...." I utter dryly. Seth continues his glares. "No?"

If this continues, then I will lose this one. There is nothing I can do but lighten the mood.

"Well, damn. I thought I acted cute before you; it works with how Effie and the girls." I tell him. He didn't make a huff or anything, and he just continued to glare at me. Then I realized the name he had given me. I put on my most seductive look and meow like a cat.

Nothing. There is no facial expression coming off this guy. I thought he could be efficiently dealt with if I showed some adorableness even though it's not my calling card and I suck at it, but knowing what I do or don't, Seth will always look at me as the most precious gem in the world.