THIRTY-FIVE

"Cap, we are ten miles towards the island," Gunnar announced through the headset while he flew the helicopter.

Kendall and I strap the parachute pack on our backs, wear wetsuits, and prepare to fall into the water to reach the island.

"Ken, you got the smokers?" I ask while I strap my boots tight and sheath the small weapons in my belt.

"They are here," she put the bag next to her. "What did Seth say when you left?"

The thought of this morning had me smirking. "He wouldn't let me go."

"Were you guys naked?" Kendall wiggles her brows and grins as I hear Gunnar groaning through the headset, knowing he doesn't want to listen to this conversation. "You know, in ancient times, before a big battle, the soldiers would make love with their lovers as a way for them to return."

"No," I assure her, rolling my eyes at her assertion. Her words are unpredictable; I couldn't even argue with her. Although I don't want to go through details of how his hard rock cock was poking me in the back. "I had to force him out by kicking him off his bed and warned him if he didn't let me leave, I wouldn't see him anymore. Seth was crying and apologized, but I wouldn't fall for those puppy tears. So, I kissed Poppy farewell before I left. He asked for a kiss, too, but I said no."

The way I reject him as he watches me leave the front door, he stands there like a pitiful dog wanting to go with his owner. I couldn't help but pull a smile on my face as I pictured his dog version again.

My beautiful German Shepard.

"Whenever you talk about him, the stories get funnier. There should be a book about it," she giggles. "I can see why the two of you are compatible. One is serious, while the other is childish."

"Like you and Gunnar?" I pointed out. "Though Gunnar is a hothead, and you are always jolly. Like those characters from Inside Out, you're Joy, and he's Anger."

"Hey, I thought you said you don't like watching those movies?" Kendall wasn't offended that I called her and Gunnar Pixar characters rather than the movies she picked for me to watch to lighten up my dour mood.

"I watched it with Poppy," I claim. That day, we binge-watched all the movies Poppy wanted to watch. Movies rated PG, and I wasn't ready for her to have her eyes memorize teen romance and violence. It took the whole day to get through fifty movies, all cartoons or 3D animation.

Baby steps.

Poppy has no entertainment or anything to watch from a young age. I had her study and started very young until she was ready to watch higher-than-PG-rated movies. I also grew up watching little shows, but they were mostly about news and drama while in foster care. I was told cartoons are for good kids; news or documentary shows are for children who don't obey.

But when I say I don't like movies like Inside Out, I enjoy watching them with my daughter. I love how she laughs, smiles when mad, and even cries. I love how her emotions shifted from one feeling to another. She was enjoying herself over movies, and that is a good thing.

"And about Seth," pulling the topic about him back into the conversation, "he is just worried I won't come back."

Seth was crying and whining like a child. He didn't want to let me leave and begged me to stay. His adorableness almost made me forget the mission and cuddle with him all day. But Seth is too manipulative, especially teasing me by reaching under my shirt, massaging my breast, and caressing my nipples until they become stiff. I had to endure this torture of pleasure and regret the decision to wait until after we got married.

Seth is just too much.

He's the one who wanted sex after marriage, and he's throwing in the bait and having me get caught In his games. I'm not going to fall for his child play. I love him, but if he continues to act that way, it will be too much for my heart to handle.