Chapter 29

Violet's POV

To say I was shocked at her presence beside me would be inexplicable.

Never in my worst dream I wished for her to be faced with this, but ironically here we are by each other tied to our chairs by the ropes inabling us to move.

Charlotte didn't seem to be flabbergasted at all. If anything, her calm and collected demeanor in such a situation spoke volumes of her background.

She is indeed Damian's sister, a mafia's daughter.

On the other hand, I had started to panic. My breaths were becoming more heavy every time, which aperaently caught her attention.

"Slow breaths, Violet. Slow breaths"

After a minute or so I was somewhat better than before but questions raced through my mind.

"Why are you here? Are you alright?"

"Same as you. Father and Damian should be here by now" she spoke so casually as if we were not just tied up by some creepy men and betrayed!!

"Mrs. Witty.. she is.."

"I know. I never trusted that woman for a reason. It seems every Helena is a bitch."  Fire burned in her eyes.

"How... how long has it been?" my mouth felt as dry as a sand paper. I couldn't even get words out properly.

"2 days." she spoke and a loud shot outside the door caught our attention.

"They are here" she spoke. The knife appearing in her hand out of nowhere, swiftly making her cut open her ropes.

It took her barely a minute to free us both and stand by the door.

The door opened and she kicked the door close the sound of a groan reaching our ears.

Sharply she opened the door and brought in whoever she had hit with it.

The man put his hand on his pocket and within a blink of an eye he was pushed against the door, one side of his face hitting the surface so hard even I flinched.  Both hands behind his back and the gun in Charlotte's hand.

"Oh my my! How the tables have turned!!!

Should I break your neck first or torture you for a month or two and then kill you?" She asked like a phychopath while the man struggled to get free.

"Turn around, Violet." she ordered, her voice devoid of any emotion.

I wanted to ask why but one glare from her pitch black eyes made me turn on my feet so fast, even I didn't know I could.

"Don't worry. I will send your wife to you soon"

My eyes shut do fast at the sound of the bullet leaving her gun that I had to bite my tongue stop myself from running.

I was startled at the hand on my shoulder.

"Let's go" my eyes fell on the dead man, blood leaving his body while Charlotte pulled me out.

Two strong arms pulled me into a hug almost making me jump in panic only for the fear to vanish up in the air at the familiar scent reaching my nose.

"Damian" my eyes watered up and hands hugged him tight while I inhaled his familiar scent to calm me down.

"Alright love birds. We are not out yet" Charlotte spoke.

I almost complained at his warmth leaving me but decided against it.

He engulfed Charlotte into a quick hug whispering something into her ears.

"Follow me" Damian's bodyguard I knew as Ryan walked before us only to be shot in his legs by Mateo.

"Escaping with your wife and sister, Damian?" He walked towards us, his men behind him engaged into fights with ours I believe.

Helena right behind him.

"Where's that old hag you call your father?" Helena asked making Charlotte step forward if not for Ryan holding her down

"It seems every Helena is a bitch." Damian repeated the same words as Charlotte a while ago.

"Let's finish it like old times, Mateo. Man versus man. Only us" Damian spoke, his aura changing into such a darkness never had I ever witnessed before.

"Sure than" Mateo agreed with oozing confidence, a smirk on his face.

"Let's have it like old days" his voice broomed through the huge room filled with boxes and oils I didn't know about.

All the men stopped, his standing behind him, Damian's behind us.

Both the men stepped forward and Charlotte pulled me into the back with Ryan.

A punch swung towards Damian, his fast reflex dodging the hit easily and a sudden punch placed on Mateo's back.

Our man cheered in success while Mateo cursed at his failed attempt.

Before Damian could comprehend anything, a fist was thrown at his face and this time it hit him making blood come out of his mouth.

Damian's POV

Blood mixed with the smell of petrol was a whole new feeling but little did these bastards knew about what is to come for them.

I spitted the blood out and charged towards him, successfully hitting his his legs and getting him under me with his hands behind his back.

Crack...

And his arm broke.

"Aaaarrgh... " screamed the basterd in pain he so deserved and a round of bullets shot in the air killing every last one of his men except his son and Helena.

Well, his son got hit on both legs.

The trio was shocked at our sudden attack when Helena dared charge for my wife only to Charlotte to wrap her bloodied hand on her neck.

"Time for you to join your husband bitch" and with another shot of the gun, her body turned lifeless and fell on the ground with a thud.

Miguel (Mateo's son) stared at the lifeless body of his cousin in shock, his father groaning in pain below me, he himself unable to get up with his injured legs

"Finish it like a man, Damian" the motherfucker dared open his mouth even when in pain.

With another twist in his arm, I got up and squated face to face across the bastard mustering all the control I could take not kill him right here.

"It will forever be my regret that I couldn't kill you myself, Mateo." I spat before walking towards my Violet and not forgetting to pat Charlotte for I knew what was to happen.

Violet's POV

Damian stood beside me, his one hand on my shoulder, other in his pocket when the air suddenly felt different.

With slow yet terrifying steps, Charlotte walked towards Mateo, stopping right before him.

The gun on her bloodied hand aimed towards him, eyes almost killing him with their hard glare.

"It was nice knowing you, Father."

A series of gasp went around the room at her sudden information.

"Venessa!!" Mateo whispered, his mouth wide open in shock.

The bullet shot out, a gasp left my mouth while now the lifeless body lied on the ground with a hole between it's eyes, blood wetting the ground below him.