Chapter 24

Next chapter is going to be wet wet 👉👌🔥🔥. If you know😉😉😉

The couple still had six more days to themselves before  Damon and Charlotte returned from Spain.

In these few days, the couple shared a few sweet moments but nothing too  intense.

Though Damian longed to be with her, to be one in body and soul, he knew his mistakes and decided to enjoy their newly found friendship.

Damian had already finished his breakfast when Violet descended down the stairs.

With an urgency, Damian strode towards her and embraced her in a tight hug,

"I will be back by the noon. You can take over the meeting."

He patted her hair and with a quick peck on her soft lips stepped out.

It was only when he opened the door of his car the realization of what he just did dawned in

His lips curved upwards at how she didn't resist him anymore and how much he loved her cold skin against his warm one.

Violet's POV

The clock struck 2 of the afternoon and Damian was yet to return.

I had called him a few times but no avail.

To say this morning was hectic would be an understatement. I couldn't be more shocked to know that I was officially owner of the 33% shares of the whole company.

Apparently, Damian, Charlotte and I was the owner of the company's three different sectors that worked together. Damon had been enjoying life for over three years now, visiting a country every month

It turned out Damian had planned it months ago and was waiting for some legal paperwork to be done.

My thoughts drifted off to Damian's sweet morning peck. To say I felt like his wife for the first time in 11 months of our marriage wouldn't be wrong.

The door of my newly decorated cabin burst open and I almost jumped in fear only to find a terrified Damian staring at me.

Without wasting a second, he strode towards me engulfing me into a bone crushing hug.

A sigh of relief left his body while he rubbed his nose up and down my neck,
"Thank god you are safe."

I returned the hug and his hold on me got more tight while I listened to the sound of his rapidly running heart.

.............

"Are you free this evening?" he asked out of the blue making me freeze.

"I believe so" I nodded.

"Be ready by seven, then. I have already got your dress at home" he spoke casually.

That felt weird. Isn't the invitation of Monroe's tomorrow?

"Um.. Isn't the party tomorrow?" I inquired not wanting to be unprepared for it.

His black orbs stared into mine, amusement in his eyes when he replied,

"Yes" came his curt reply.

"Then where are we.."

"I am asking you out on a date, Violet" came his nonchalant reply.

"Oh, um.. okay" that was awkward.

Why does it feel so embarrassing??

"Stop blushing and finish your food" his eyes filled with mischief yet face as stoic as ever.